Author Topic: Defeated Republicans mocked by Trump fire back at president  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Defeated Republicans mocked by Trump fire back at president
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2018, 02:34:07 am »
I believe the point that he was trying to make is had the GOP demonstrated a united front and stood by the President of their party, we wouldn't have lost the House.  I tend to agree.

Or it could be seen the other way.  That we wouldn't have lost the House had the President not been dividing it.  A house divided falls.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 02:43:57 am »
Or it could be seen the other way.  That we wouldn't have lost the House had the President not been dividing it.  A house divided falls.

If I recall the GOP was splintered long before Trump was nominated; GOP/Rino's on one hand v. GOP/conservatives on the other.  Remember, the people voted and Trump won the Presidency.  It is the job and duty of our elected officials to listen to our voice and vote accordingly.  They work for us, we don't work for them.  If they truly were listening to the people we would have a wall and you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.  In essence, he's calling them on their reluctance to support the will of the people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2018, 03:48:37 am »
I believe the point that he was trying to make is had the GOP demonstrated a united front and stood by the President of their party, we wouldn't have lost the House.  I tend to agree.

And even if they still lost the House they would have had something to show for it. All we got from them were temporary tax cuts.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 03:50:39 am »
If I recall the GOP was splintered long before Trump was nominated; GOP/Rino's on one hand v. GOP/conservatives on the other.  Remember, the people voted and Trump won the Presidency.  It is the job and duty of our elected officials to listen to our voice and vote accordingly.  They work for us, we don't work for them.  If they truly were listening to the people we would have a wall and you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.  In essence, he's calling them on their reluctance to support the will of the people.

All elected officials are the will of the people.  Someone said it today.  Whether we ever thought that these Congressmen/women are doing what their constituents wanted.  I am sure that trump is not the first or the last president that members of their own party challenged.  That is the beauty of our Republic.  Checks and balances.

I don't like RINO's but they are elected too.  Donald Trump should have made the deal.  He has the power of the pen and apparently that was the only way.  But he blew it.  Now RINO's in the Senate are still warning him about a government shut down.  He needs to do it for Americans.  It is the will of the people who elected him.  Or will he get all squishy again and approve more spending with no wall?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2018, 01:15:51 pm »
Really, really stupid talk.

He campaigned very, very hard for Republicans.

He did NOT campaign for even one democrat.

Yeppers. Stupid talk.

I thought we were interested in leaders. Someone who
would educate the voting public about obvious matters.
About conservative matters.

It is easy for a Rino to sit back and take what he can
get and never support necessary concepts.

Speak up. Rino's prefer the shade of second class.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 02:12:19 pm »

He campaigned very, very hard for Republicans.

He did NOT campaign for even one democrat.

Careful. I think Chosen belongs to the protected class around here. Criticize at your own risk.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 06:38:09 pm »
Careful. I think Chosen belongs to the protected class around here. Criticize at your own risk.

I think people just got tired of trying to understand her confusing point of view.  I know I did.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2018, 01:51:31 am »

That would be funny it wasn't so ridiculous.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2018, 01:52:13 am »
I think people just got tired of trying to understand her confusing point of view.  I know I did.

I know one thing.  You are not confusing at all.  You are just plain boring.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2018, 02:03:50 am »
They should be firing back at a the sycophants who set the stage for this two years ago by enabling a national GOP to destroy their district-level Conservative grass roots base.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 02:12:07 am »
They should be firing back at a the sycophants who set the stage for this two years ago by enabling a national GOP to destroy their district-level Conservative grass roots base.

Amen