Author Topic: Trump, stung by midterms and nervous about Mueller, retreats from traditional presidential duties  (Read 646 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-absent-20181113-story.html
For weeks this fall, an ebullient President Trump traveled relentlessly to hold raise-the-rafters campaign rallies — sometimes three a day — in states where his presence was likely to help Republicans on the ballot.

But his mood apparently has changed as he has taken measure of the electoral backlash that voters delivered Nov. 6. With the certainty that the incoming Democratic House majority will go after his tax returns and investigate his actions, and the likelihood of additional indictments by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, Trump has retreated into a cocoon of bitterness and resentment, according to multiple administration sources.

Behind the scenes, they say, the president has lashed out at several aides, from junior press assistants to senior officials. “He’s furious,” said one administration official. “Most staffers are trying to avoid him.”

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, painted a picture of a brooding president “trying to decide who to blame” for Republicans’ election losses, even as he publicly and implausibly continues to claim victory.

more at link

https://twitter.com/MikeBates/status/1062362045893562368
MikeBates @MikeBates
17 hours ago

Trump’s almost complete victory now includes the Dems wining at least 32 seats in the House, the flipping of at least seven governorships and eight state legislative chambers, and winning at least 370 state legislative seats.
Worst GOP performance since Watergate.
Thanks, Trump.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

That's a headline so biased I'd almost think it came from LAT.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DB

I thought Trump said the last election was a great victory...

Not every source can be objective.

I thought Trump said the last election was a great victory...

When Trump took office he only had 52 Senators, but after the special elections and the mid-terms the GOP Senate could have as many as 53 Senators (if the recount in FL pans out and the MS special election in a couple weeks goes GOP) If you can't see the huge victory in electing...

a rat in exchange for illegal loving RINO squish Jeff Sessions in AL,

electing Kevin Cramer in ND https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/if_a_rino_beats_the_dem_for_north_dakota_senate_have_we_really_won_anything.html ,

Mike Braun in IN https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-rivals-claim-indiana-senate-primary-front-runner-is-actually-lifelong-democrat ,

and ultraconservative Mitt Romney...

If you can't see the win I can't help you. 

Winning that one additional Senate seat (hopefully), during a booming economy, in an election year that was incredibly tough for rats in the Senate, is worth losing the US House, a bunch Governors, state legislatures, and hundreds of state legislators.

Don't take my word for it.  Look how happy Trump is.  Look how happy your fellow TBR posters are.

MAGA!!! wink777
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:16:15 am by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rerun, already posted. Probably more falseboods from the coup-ploters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here or in the media?

I looked again.  Still don't see it posted @TomSea

Coup-plotters  :shrug:  OK Q

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Partisan BS is still partisan BS.

Trump did BETTER than most people expected,and there can be no doubt in the minds of anyone with a mind that some of the Dim "wins" were due to voter fraud and other criminal acts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
And you pretty much knew who posted it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. That's the thread where we found out this MSM talking point came from some jackhole's Twitter.

Offline aligncare

How many people here have noticed the latest headline and breaking news meme? The media has been using it for days now.

Whatever the story, the lead always begins like this: “Without evidence, President Trump said.....”

Get it? Without evidence!

Mind you, they conjured up this meme, “without evidence” – without any supporting evidence of their own to back up the hundreds of slanderous, outrageous claims they have made against Trump, his wife and family, and his administration!

This is war, people.

Offline skeeter

Watching the MSM change an obvious midterm election wash, which for the incumbent party used to be considered a victory, be converted into a 'glorious victory' (per Nancy Pelosi) for the 'rats is a virtual study in state propaganda.

Anyway, lap it up haters.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:49:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Partisan BS is still partisan BS.

Trump did BETTER than most people expected,and there can be no doubt in the minds of anyone with a mind that some of the Dim "wins" were due to voter fraud and other criminal acts.

The dems and the NTs here can only hope that Trump retreats.  Trump never retreats.  And the recent gains made by the democrats were made by the usual fraud and crooked dealings.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.