Author Topic: Acting AG Whitaker: 'Special Counsel is Required' To Investigate Clinton Foundation  (Read 1766 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Acting AG Whitaker: 'Special Counsel is Required' To Investigate Clinton Foundation

Michael W. Chapman
By Michael W. Chapman | November 13, 2018 | 4:36 PM EST

Matthew Whitaker, the acting attorney general of the United States and a former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Iowa, said in a 2016 interview that there is enough evidence "in the public domain" to warrant the appointment of a "special prosecutor" to investigate the Clinton Foundation. He added that the Foundation was "clearly a pay-to-play situation" where if you gave money to the Foundation, you got "preferential treatment" at the State Department, which was headed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton from 2009 to 2013.

Hillary Clinton's emailing of classified documents through her private computer server was a "serious" problem, but the "real ballgame" is "where Clinton Foundation donors were given preferential treatment," said Whitaker in an Aug. 25, 2016 interview with Breitbart News Daily.

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/acting-ag-whitaker-special-counsel-required-investigate-clinton-foundation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

If anyone seriously investigates the Clinton foundation (though it could well be too late, whatever evidence there was has likely been destroyed) I'll be shocked.

If Trump's DOJ were to send either Clinton to jail I'll vote for Trump come 2020.

Does that take me out of the "NT" category?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:38:50 am by DB »

Offline LegalAmerican

Good. The real corruption being investigated.   Money laundering Clinton foundation, started in Canada.  Aug. 2016, I believe, going by memory, she sent 1.8 billion dollars to a bank in Qatar from the foundation.   Might as well, since she received so much money from ISLAMISTS. 

Online libertybele

Anyone really taking this seriously??  The Clinton's being investigated??  Meanwhile ... we have organized protests all over the country and the DEMS stealing the elections.  Yet, as usual, NO ONE is being held responsible or accountable.  Clintons being investigated is not going to happen.  They are too well insulated...not going to happen folks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:12:24 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

Anyone really taking this seriously??  The Clinton's being investigated??  Meanwhile ... we have organized protests all over the country and the DEMS stealing the elections.  Yet, as usual, NO ONE is being held responsible or accountable.  Clintons being investigated is not going to happen.  They are too well insulated...not going to happen folks.

Well if you think about it it is a pretty clever scheme. Elect the incompetent to run elections that provide cover for magically appearing ballots. Of course only after the ballots have been initially counted so you know how many you need. And then say you can't criminally prosecute the incompetent, that would be racist or something. You can't even expect the incompetent to obey a court order, they're incompetent after all...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well, there is a reason the dems are so hysterical about Whittaker.  Could be they are afraid he might actually do something.

Offline Frank Cannon

Bullshit. Investigating the Foundation is this....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"There is no evidence which exists..." (Janet Reno)

If their tracks aren't covered by now, just follow the bodies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Well, there is a reason the dems are so hysterical about Whittaker.  Could be they are afraid he might actually do something.

In a word - no.

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with the New York Times. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways.” He also said the Clinton Foundation has done “good work.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/22/donald-trump-wont-pursue-hillary-clinton-investiga/

! No longer available

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

Could be a shot across the bow on behalf of Trump: impeach me, and I'll get a special counsel to investigate Clinton.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

In a word - no.

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with the New York Times. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways.” He also said the Clinton Foundation has done “good work.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/22/donald-trump-wont-pursue-hillary-clinton-investiga/

! No longer available

What does an old tweet from Trump have to do with my comment?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Exactly!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

What does an old tweet from Trump have to do with my comment?

Perhaps you noticed the article references comments by Whitaker that were made in 2016. So, the statement from the Trump interview and his post-election Thank You Tour are contemporaries to what Whitaker said. Since the president is the ultimate head of the DOJ, it stands to reason he has no real intention of investigating or prosecuting the Clintons.

Offline jpsb

Anyone really taking this seriously?? 

Not me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Perhaps you noticed the article references comments by Whitaker that were made in 2016. So, the statement from the Trump interview and his post-election Thank You Tour are contemporaries to what Whitaker said. Since the president is the ultimate head of the DOJ, it stands to reason he has no real intention of investigating or prosecuting the Clintons.

As you know, I was talking about Whittaker, not Trump.  And, I expect Trump has learned new information and may well have a different opinion about Clinton.  Do you have anything recent to indicate otherwise?

Offline skeeter

As you know, I was talking about Whittaker, not Trump.  And, I expect Trump has learned new information and may well have a different opinion about Clinton.  Do you have anything recent to indicate otherwise?

It would be understandable is Trump feels a less magnanimous now given the nature of the left's opposition strategy since the election.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The headline is misleading.  The "Acting Attorney General" is not calling for an investigation of the Clinton Foundation.    It's just something he mused about as a private citizen a couple of years ago to Breitbart.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It would be understandable is Trump feels a less magnanimous now given the nature of the left's opposition strategy since the election.

Agreed.   If the Dems want to play scorched earth,  they should prepare to be burned as well.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

How about the past two years of observable statements and actions? During the confirmation hearings, Sessions stated unequivocally, that he would recuse himself from any investigation of Hillary. In all this time, Trump has railed against the Russia investigation and the recusal over it - not the lack of DOJ effort into the Clintons. He occasionally pays lip service to emails or the foundation, as red meat for the masses, with zero interest of following through. It’s a joke people keep falling for on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:00:51 pm by edpc »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Bullshit. Investigating the Foundation is this....

Eh, you're both off, it's much more like......

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

How about the past two years of observable statements and actions? During the confirmation hearings, Sessions stated unequivocally, that he would recuse himself from any investigation of Hillary. In all this time, Trump has railed against the Russia investigation and the recusal over it - not the lack of DOJ effort into the Clintons. He occasionally pays lip service to emails or the foundation, as red meat for the masses, with zero interest of following through. It’s a joke people keep falling for on a regular basis.

OK, got it.  Your answer to my question is "no".

Offline edpc

OK, got it.  Your answer to my question is "no".

I’m more than happy to compare the volume of statements and actions, since 2016, and compare them to the new information you have. What is it, exactly, other than your expectations?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:16:39 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I’m more than happy to compare the volume of statements and actions, since 2016, and compare them to the new information you have. What is it, exactly, other than your expectations?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The headline is misleading.  The "Acting Attorney General" is not calling for an investigation of the Clinton Foundation.    It's just something he mused about as a private citizen a couple of years ago to Breitbart.   
It is not misleading, it is attempting to influence the reader rather than reporting news.

I absolutely hate journalistic malpractice.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington