Author Topic: Judiciary Committee processes Trump judicial nominees over Democrats' objections  (Read 215 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Judiciary Committee processes Trump judicial nominees over Democrats' objections
Washington Times, Nov 13, 2018, Alex Swoyer

Senators returned to Washington Tuesday and immediately picked up where they left off — processing President Trump’s judicial nominees, over the objections of Democrats.

The Judiciary Committee held a hearing for Paul B. Matey, nominated to the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and for four district court picks.

Mr. Matey’s nomination is particularly controversial because it marks another round in the fight over Senate traditions and courtesies and their abuse in the era of Mr. Trump.

Mr. Matey is slated to fill a seat on the appeals court that’s traditionally ascribed to New Jersey. But that state’s senators, both Democrats, object to the president’s pick, and have withheld their “blue slips” to signify their opposition.

“To say that my objections to this judge is just because they’re conservative is just not fair,” Sen. Cory Booker said, arguing he wasn’t properly consulted on Mr. Matey’s nomination. “Nobody has asked me what my objections might be.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/13/judiciary-committee-continues-processing-donald-tr/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good.
At least somewhere, someone knows "how to do it".

Process away!