Author Topic: Mia Love, first black GOP congresswoman, was mocked by Trump as a loser. Now she's just 1,020 votes  (Read 833 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mia Love, first black GOP congresswoman, was mocked by Trump as a loser. Now she's just 1,020 votes behind Democrat
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | November 13, 2018 04:52 PM

Rep. Mia Love, R-Utah, is now narrowly trailing her Democratic challenger Ben McAdams by approximately 1,000 votes as of Tuesday afternoon, bringing the race for Utah’s 4th Congressional District closer to a potential recount.

During his press conference after the midterm elections last week, Trump mocked her, saying that that Love "gave me no love." He added: "And she lost. Too bad. Sorry about that Mia."

Although McAdams was ahead by approximately 5,000 votes as of Monday, the margin between the candidates has shrunk to 1,020 votes. According to the New York Times, McAdams obtained 50.2 percent, or 110,405 votes, while Love received 49.8 percent, or 109,385 votes, with 82 percent of precincts reporting results.

Despite the tight race, Love cannot request a recount yet since Utah law requires that a recount only be requested if the margin between candidates is 0.25 percentage points or less. But her campaign is optimistic about the recent developments, and another update is expected later Tuesday afternoon. “The numbers are moving in the right direction and we are diligently watching for additional results,” Love’s campaign manager Dave Hansen said, per the Salt Lake Tribune.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/utahs-mia-love-lags-1-000-votes-behind-democratic-challenger
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

And the GOP shrinks by the day due to Nero's ego...

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. You stand up for a lying sack of shit like Mia. She ran as a Conservative in that district and immediately pulled a Jeff Flake. She's an open borders shill and a RINO slack ass.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

How do you zip your pants up over that Trump Hate boner?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

It's not big enough to cause trouble.

Offline DB

Yeah. You stand up for a lying sack of shit like Mia. She ran as a Conservative in that district and immediately pulled a Jeff Flake. She's an open borders shill and a RINO slack ass.

I know, I know... Trump doesn't need a GOP congress... He'll get more of his agenda done with a Democrats running congress...

That's the ticket...

Sure is interesting how the lesser of two evils was the way to go with Trump it was demanded but that same rule doesn't apply to everyone else running for election as a Republican even if in name only...

It is so confusing being a populist these days...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Knock it off...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DB

Wow, great demonstration of your intellect...

Just keep denying the obvious...

Offline musiclady

I know, I know... Trump doesn't need a GOP congress... He'll get more of his agenda done with a Democrats running congress...

That's the ticket...

Sure is interesting how the lesser of two evils was the way to go with Trump it was demanded but that same rule doesn't apply to everyone else running for election as a Republican even if in name only...

It's always confusing.

When you sway in the wind of populism, there is no plumb line; only feelings and noisy rhetoric.

That's where we are today, @DB, and it's not about to get any better.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

That's the ticket...

I've about had it with losers running as one thing and then getting in there and doing the opposite. Fun and games is over. Time to clean house of these swampy bastards. I would also like to add that she ran a piss poor campaign up there. Whether Trump was Pres or not she would have been behind the 8 ball because of her lies. She is filth.

Offline Frank Cannon

It's always confusing.

When you sway in the wind of populism, there is no plumb line; only feelings and noisy rhetoric.

That's where we are today, @DB, and it's not about to get any better.

What about lying sacks of shit like Mia? She is the one who swayed with the breeze after election. Not Trump. Looks like you NT's are the ones who are not only ignorant of what pols are doing, you are also confused by your feelings.

Offline the_doc

I actually think Ms. Love was stupid to distance herself from Trump in Utah of all places.  She should have won the election going away.  (That was Trump's point.  In our day, RINOs are practically toast in red states.)

Offline DB

I actually think Ms. Love was stupid to distance herself from Trump in Utah of all places.  She should have won the election going away.  (That was Trump's point.  In our day, RINOs are practically toast in red states.)

Like Romney did?

LOL!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump concentrated on campaigning for the Senate unless there was a Congressman running attending a rally...you got a mention then...did Mia ask for Trump's help?
Support the USO

Offline the_doc

Like Romney did?

LOL!

Nope. Not like Romney's situation.  Romney is a glamorous Mormon.  Besides he was running for Senate--and even anti-RINO Mormons would vote for him.

Offline cato potatoe

Trump only got 39% in that district.  He's unpopular in the west, and he seems hellbent on keeping it that way.

Offline the_doc

Trump only got 39% in that district.  He's unpopular in the west, and he seems hellbent on keeping it that way.

Good point.  Maybe the pubbies in that district have tended to be friendlier to RINOs--which would explain how a Flake like Mia Love got elected in the first place. 

But it's also true that a lot of NeverTrumpers have abandoned the RINOs in the past two years.  So, I dunno. 

(But at the bottom line, Mia should have run a different campaign.  She ain't Romney--and she did lose her incumbent's seat.  She obviously rolled the dice wrong.  [Alas, maybe her constituents had already noticed that she was not a good Congressman.])

Offline Frank Cannon

This broad is a radical Trump hater. Donny didn't do shit for her either way. She was left to her own devices and blew it. No one to blame but the candidate in the district.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Although McAdams was ahead by approximately 5,000 votes as of Monday, the margin between the candidates has shrunk to 1,020 votes.

Fake news.  All we’ve heard here for the past week is how late counts favor Dems.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So this is the race they're going to try and move toward the GOP in a recount, after 18 years when everything went the other way, huh?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Nationalist. :patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This broad is a radical Trump hater. Donny didn't do shit for her either way. She was left to her own devices and blew it. No one to blame but the candidate in the district.
IKR!  Thank God the GOP dropped a colored dame.  Makes it hard to pander to the skin heads.