Author Topic: Trump Vows Warlike Posture if Dems Inundate Him with Investigations  (Read 356 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump Vows Warlike Posture if Dems Inundate Him with Investigations
By Mark Ellis November 12, 2018

Like many conservative baby-boomers, I watched Fox News' post-midterm analysis over the weekend, seeking information, expertise, and opinion from the pundit class. I also read pieces about the election on this website, and several of the related links over at Instapundit.

For the record, I never go anywhere near leftist broadcast and cable news or analysis. I know what they’re selling—sheer Democrat partisanship—and I haven’t bought it since Ronald Reagan was in office. If FNC didn’t constantly run clips from CNN and MSNBC while harping on the extreme bias of Don Lemon, Jim Acosta, Rachel Maddow, and others, I would never see or hear these people. (Note to self: idea for another column.)

As of this Monday morning, I have not yet sampled conservative talk radio, but I’m about to do what Rush Limbaugh admonishes us never to do: I’m going to try this at home.

And I won’t bury the lede: If House Democrats hit the ground running in January with an overarching investigatory agenda, President Trump will have no choice but to follow through on his warning to adopt a “warlike posture” in response.

And if you think the Democrats will forego a full-scale effort to probe and hobble Mr. Trump’s administration, I’ve got a 1979 40-year anniversary commemorative Jimmy Carter Rose Garden Strategy white paper to send to your home address.

more
https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-vows-war-like-posture-if-dems-inundate-him-with-investigations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump Vows Warlike Posture if Dems Inundate Him with Investigations
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:46:34 pm »
"Bring it on, Bitches!"

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:14:40 pm »
"Bring it on, Bitches!"

That is all they have.  They ran on no real policy issues.  They ran on promises to somehow 'get Trump.' 

Well, they can't get him, and once they try and fail miserably, they may just lose a part of their base.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:21:15 pm »
That is all they have.  They ran on no real policy issues.  They ran on promises to somehow 'get Trump.' 

Well, they can't get him, and once they try and fail miserably, they may just lose a part of their base.

They are already walking back the Impeachment talk.  And Trump isn't going to fire Mueller, he's already stated that many times.   They want him to do it so badly, but he's not falling for it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 09:28:45 pm »

I think he meant petulant child posture.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:28:27 am »

Good, time to fight fire with fire. Dubya's ... and every so called conservative before him, approach sure has sucked.

Pound 'Em Donald...Pound 'Em
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass