Author Topic: She called 911 when her daughter was attacked; Detroit police arrived 4 days later  (Read 309 times)

Offline Suppressed

She called 911 when her daughter was attacked; Detroit police arrived 4 days later
DPD: Investigation ongoing, but mistakes were made
Ross Jones | 5:30 PM, Oct 10, 2018 | 10:24 AM, Oct 12, 2018

[...]

Her daughter's boyfriend, who she said has been abusive in the past, was pounding her with his fists.  Sandra ran up to the door and called 911. It was 1:29 PM.

"Detroit 911, what's the address of your emergency?" asked a dispatcher, according to recordings obtained by 7 Action News.

"My daughter's boyfriend was beating the (expletive) out of her," she said breathlessly into the phone before providing her address.

The dispatcher said she'd send a car that way, but 40 minutes went by and no one showed up.

Sandra called again, but this time she received an automated message. She hung up and dialed 911 once more.

"Another automated message," she said.

At 2:17 PM, she made her fourth call, this time reaching a dispatcher.

"I already called it in 45 minutes ago and I still haven't had a police officer come yet," she told the woman on the other end of the line.

Again she was told officers would be dispatched, and again she waited. No one came.

Finally, at 3:01 PM, she called once more. This time, she asked to speak to a supervisor.

"I already called it in twice now," she said, "It's been an hour and a half and nobody shows up."

The dispatcher responded: "Hold on, let me see what's going on here," before transferring Sandra to a supervisor.

No one from DPD, according to the family, showed up on Saturday.

Around 5:00 PM that same day, Sandra said, her daughter's boyfriend returned.

"He had climbed back through her window and attacked her again," she said.

Detroit police didn't arrive at the west side home until the following Wednesday afternoon, a full four days and 34 minutes after the first call to 911.

[...]

https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/investigations/she-called-911-when-her-daughter-was-attacked-detroit-police-arrived-4-days-later
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn