Author Topic: Hollywood strikes back after Trump's fire tweet  (Read 467 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hollywood strikes back after Trump's fire tweet
« on: November 11, 2018, 06:36:59 pm »
Hollywood strikes back after Trump's fire tweet
ABC News

A raft of Hollywood stars took to social media on Saturday to rip into President Donald Trump for a pre-dawn tweet on Saturday in which he blamed “gross mismanagement of the forests” in California for a trio of deadly wildfires blazing across the state, and threatened to withhold vital federal funding to fight the infernos.

Add California Wildfires as an interest to stay up to date on the latest California Wildfires news, video, and analysis from ABC News.

Katy Perry, Ava DuVernay, Don Cheadle, Sarah Silverman, Andy Lassner, Kathy Griffin, Zach Braff, Bette Midler, Alyssa Milano, Maria Shriver and Billy Eichner were among the celebrities who castigated the U.S. president for his tweet.

Read more at: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/trumps-fire-tweet-roils-california-celebrities-hollywood-strikes/story?id=59113552

Those wildfires look horrible and the residents of California and others affected have my prayers and deepest sympathies.

As for the tweet, maybe it is actually true. Some things have to be said. I don't know to begin with. Maybe some of our esteemed members from the Golden State can tell us more.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Hollywood strikes back after Trump's fire tweet
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 06:57:29 pm »
Maria Shriver is a celeb?

:rolling:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 07:07:05 pm »
If these celebrities had a brain cell between them they'd be demanding from the Governor of California just what the President tweeted.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 09:40:09 pm »
Those wildfires look horrible and the residents of California and others affected have my prayers and deepest sympathies.

As for the tweet, maybe it is actually true. Some things have to be said. I don't know to begin with. Maybe some of our esteemed members from the Golden State can tell us more.

@TomSea

While he is at it,Trump should mention that historically most of the wild fires out west that have burned out of control started as campfires by illegal aliens. IOW,Ca sanctuary city statures are a prime cause of the fires.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 12:20:13 am »
The list of celebrities are the same that run on outrage 24/7/365.

I don't know the reason for withholding federal funds to help fight the fire, though
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 12:24:24 am »
I don't know the reason for withholding federal funds to help fight the fire, though

Why the eff should I be paying for rich celebs to carry out irrational policies regarding foresting just to make themselves feel superior when there are real folks in FL that need real help.