Author Topic: Terror-free Slovakia completely refuses Islam and won't allow a single mosque  (Read 652 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Terror-free Slovakia completely refuses Islam and won't allow a single mosque
About Author Emma R.

Slovakia is the last EU Member State without a single mosque, TRT World reports. Previous attempts to build have been halted by politicians.

The country does not recognise Islam as a religion and only have a few thousand Muslim residents. Islam must not be taught in schools and the 5,000 Muslims, mostly European ones, who reside in the country are not officially recognised. They account for only 0.1% of the population.

In 2007, politicians changed the country’s laws so that 20,000 signatures from members were required to be recognised by the state. In 2017 they more than doubled the number of necessary signatures.

Read more at: https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/11/terror-free-slovakia-completely-refuses-islam-and-wont-allow-a-single-mosque/

Offline dfwgator

Good for them.

There are plenty of Muslim countries in the world.

Wake me when they build a Catholic Church in Saudi Arabia.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Islam must not be taught in schools and the 5,000 Muslims, mostly European ones, who reside in the country are not officially recognised. They account for only 0.1% of the population.

What a concept to deter invaders from "settling" in your country.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Suppressed

Yeah, that whole "freedom" thing is overrated.  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...what a bunch of baloney!

wink777
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://voiceofeurope.com/

Voice of Europe is currently down, check the link to the story. I will be dadgummed, that honestly, those folks out there, in my opinion (I don't know if this is the case here but I'll bet it is) clamp down on some forms of free speech.

I mean, if someone is using racial epithets or something, right, boot them... but usually, in this case and the case with Tommy Robinson, it's because they are talking about Islam..... I'll be darned if I understand on why they think it's so important to shut down, censor Tommy Robinson.  I do to an extent, understand if somehow actual laws are being broken. That's what they said he did in violating his parole by being outside that court room.... I don't want to really get into that. I'm just saying, they are clamping down.

BiasedBBC is up. They are pretty good.

Offline goodwithagun

Cults need not be recognized.
I stand with Roosgirl.