Author Topic: CNN Accused Of Spreading Meat-Is-Bad-For-You “Fake Science” …”CNN Reporter Should Know Better”  (Read 660 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Accused Of Spreading Meat-Is-Bad-For-You “Fake Science” …”CNN Reporter Should Know Better”

By P Gosselin on 9. November 2018

CNN and the Guardian just reported on a new study suggesting meat is bad for human health (even though humans and their ancestors have been eating and thriving on it for some 3 million years).

The authors also suggest that the healthy alternative is the vegan diet!

Meat tax “could save 220,000 lives per year”?

The team of scientists led by Dr. Marco Springmann who authored the new study published in the journal Public Library of Science ONE claim that a global meat tax “could save 220,000 lives and cut health care bills by $41 billion” a year.

The study’s authors assert that meat consumption increases risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes, and is even “carcinogenic when eaten in processed forms, including sausages, bacon and beef jerky” and thus comparable to “cigarettes and alcohol”.

http://notrickszone.com/2018/11/09/cnn-accused-of-spreading-meat-is-bad-for-you-fake-science-cnn-reporter-should-know-better/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:01:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline skeeter

CNN's "Health Correspondent" Sanjay Gupta is nothing if not politically correct. He thinks Americans waste too much food and once said 'use by' dates were merely suggestions. Presumably the only way to know for sure if something has turned is whether or not you can keep it down. Some doctor.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:07:51 pm by skeeter »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
CNN's "Health Correspondent" Sanjay Gupta is nothing if not politically correct. He thinks Americans waste too much food and once said 'use by' dates were merely suggestions. Presumably the only way to know for sure if something has turned is whether or not you can keep it down. Some doctor.

Unless it has turned green and has fuzz growing on it anything is fair game.   :shrug:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

I've heard this nonsense for decades.  Wait till grilling season next year.  We will be told once again that grilling meat causes cancer.  I've heard that one almost every year since I was a kid.  Of course, these claims come from those promoting a vegan diet.  It's always someone with an agenda behind these "studies."

Just about everything is ok in moderation.  I suppose if I ate half a steer every night for the next several years, I will one day drop dead from a coronary.  In fact, when I did have a cardiac arrest back in 2008, the cardiologist told me essentially, I could eat whatever I wanted.  I just couldn't eat as much as I once did.  That's the key.  It's not so much what you eat; it's how much of it.