Author Topic: Rep-elect Dan Crenshaw shows Saturday Night Live what class and good humor look like  (Read 647 times)

rangerrebew

November 11, 2018
Rep-elect Dan Crenshaw shows Saturday Night Live what class and good humor look like
By Thomas Lifson

Until Saturday Night Live cast-member Pete Davidson mocked his eye-patch and appearance last weekend, I confess that I had never heard of Dan Crenshaw, who was running for Congress in the Second Congressional District of Texas. Crenshaw had lost an eye in an IED attack while serving our country in Afghanistan, a sacrifice that made the attack on him grotesque in the eyes of normal people. Daniel Chaitin recounts:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/repelect_dan_crenshaw_shows_saturday_night_live_what_class_and_good_humor_look_like.html

Silver Pines

November 11, 2018
Rep-elect Dan Crenshaw shows Saturday Night Live what class and good humor look like
By Thomas Lifson

Until Saturday Night Live cast-member Pete Davidson mocked his eye-patch and appearance last weekend, I confess that I had never heard of Dan Crenshaw, who was running for Congress in the Second Congressional District of Texas. Crenshaw had lost an eye in an IED attack while serving our country in Afghanistan, a sacrifice that made the attack on him grotesque in the eyes of normal people. Daniel Chaitin recounts:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/repelect_dan_crenshaw_shows_saturday_night_live_what_class_and_good_humor_look_like.html

I watched the video yesterday, and it’s a good one.  What the author misses, or chooses to omit, is that both sides showed grace.  Crenshaw, who didn’t care about an apology, chose to make an appearance anyway.  Davidson actually apologized for his remark, and took it good-naturedly when Crenshaw’s phone played an Ariana Grande song (Grande dumped Davidson).  Crenshaw also noted that Davidson’s father was killed on 9-11.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I watched it too.  I was looking to find fault with it going in.  Low expectations shall be say.   But I was truly amazed at how well done it was.  Crenshaw was a class act....bad acting and all.  And the little "Meth" dude was great to. Too bad it was a "one off" and SNL will be back in the sewer next week
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline kidd

SNL used to be funny.

Last funny stuff was the even-handed Gore-Bush skits. Classic stuff ("Strategery" and "Lock Box" are now part of our lexicon)

Nowadays its just plain mean.
Sounds like they came up with a skit to correct SNL's overhanded meanness

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Silver Pines

I watched it too.  I was looking to find fault with it going in.  Low expectations shall be say.   But I was truly amazed at how well done it was.  Crenshaw was a class act....bad acting and all.  And the little "Meth" dude was great to. Too bad it was a "one off" and SNL will be back in the sewer next week

@The Ghost

I know, same here.  We know the script, and how it always goes, and the fake "if I offended anyone" pseudo-apologies.  But nope, it was really good to see.

Silver Pines

Indeed they did.

! No longer available

@Machiavelli, thanks for posting the entire skit.  Unfortunately I don't think we'll see many occurrences like this.