Author Topic: Sheriff: 11-year-old boy kills himself after fatally shooting grandmother who asked him to clean roo  (Read 647 times)

Offline mrclose

I don't remember ever wanting to kill a family member because I was told to clean my room as a youngin'? :shrug:

LITCHFIELD PARK, Ariz. (WSVN) — Arizona deputies are investigating after an 11-year-old boy shot and killed his grandmother before he turned the gun on himself.

According to KTVK, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said Doyle Hebert and his wife Yvonne Woodard had asked their grandson to clean his room several times on Saturday.

Investigators said while the couple was watching television, the boy came up behind them and shot Woodard in the back of the head with his grandfather’s gun.

Hebert initially chased after his grandson, but returned to try to help his wife. That’s when he heard another gunshot, and saw his grandson take a few steps before collapsing to the floor. The sheriff’s office said the boy died as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

https://wsvn.com/news/us-world/sheriff-11-year-old-boy-kills-himself-after-fatally-shooting-grandmother-who-asked-him-to-clean-room/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He was living with grandma and grandpa.  No mention of parents.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He was living with grandma and grandpa.  No mention of parents.

Hope they are dead too.  If not ..they should be.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The story starts out sad,but ends on a positive note.

It's a good day when the trash takes itself out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Both of the above two comments sound like something you would read at TOS.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

My sister and I had to do house cleaning chores every weekend - dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms. Instead of reacting violently, we made up a song (to the tune of a Fred Rogers piece) that joked that our mother was a slave driver - and sang it as we dusted. I guess that's why we grew up to be responsible adults, and didn't die as sullen 11-year-olds.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org