Author Topic: US bill would restrain Saudi Arabia from developing nuclear weapons: Report  (Read 278 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US bill would restrain Saudi Arabia from developing nuclear weapons: Report

Murder of Jamal Khashoggi prompts Democratic congressman to introduce bill limiting US sales of nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia

Saturday 10 November 2018 01:08 UTC
Last update: Saturday 10 November 2018 1

A US democratic congressman will introduce a bill in the House of Representatives that would severely limit nuclear technology trade with Saudi Arabia, according to a Vox report on Friday.

Congressman Brad Sherman’s bill, titled “No Nuclear Weapons for Saudi Arabia Act of 2018”, would not only prohibit the kingdom’s construction of nuclear weapons from the material it buys from the US, it would also force Saudi Arabia to uphold a number of strict regulations to ensure that classified material regarding US nuclear technology does not get leaked.

“I don’t think this bill would’ve passed prior to the events in Istanbul. Now I think we have a chance,” Sherman told Vox.

Read more at:  https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/us-bill-would-restrain-saudi-arabia-developing-nuclear-weapons-report-52353618.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They probably wouldn’t develop their own, but buy them ready made from Pakistan.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.