Author Topic: California wildfire reaches Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's estate: report  (Read 1622 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: California wildfire reaches Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's estate: report
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 02:08:44 pm »
The view from space

More at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 08:54:56 pm »
Devastation as deadly California blaze tallies grim stats
By GILLIAN FLACCUS, PAUL ELIAS and ANDREW SELSKY, Associated Press

PARADISE, Calif. — As wildfires raged at both ends of California, officials released another grim statistic: six more dead in a swath of Northern California wiped out by fire, raising the death toll there to 29. It matched California's record for deaths in a single fire and brought the statewide total to 31.

Another 228 remain unaccounted for as crews stepped up the search for bodies and missing people. Two people were killed in a wildfire in Southern California.

Ten search teams were working in Paradise — a town of 27,000 that was largely incinerated last week — and in surrounding communities in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Authorities called in a DNA lab and teams of anthropologists to help identify victims.  ...

(Moonbeam) Brown, who has declared a state emergency, said California is requesting aid from the Trump administration. President Donald Trump has blamed "poor" forest management for the fires. Brown said federal and state governments must do more forest management but that climate change is the greater source of the problem.

"And those who deny that are definitely contributing to the tragedies that we're now witnessing, and will continue to witness in the coming years," he said.  ...
More

What does that even mean? Yes, it's climate change, if what you actually mean is weather. California is in a longterm drought. It has nothing to do with people driving SUVs or power plans burning coal, though. Why is my area experiencing record amounts of rain? Still "climate change" (all man-made, of course), I suppose.   *****rollingeyes*****

I'd gladly trade California about 10" of rain for some temperatures that aren't 15 degrees below normal.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:59 pm »
More

What does that even mean? Yes, it's climate change, if what you actually mean is weather. California is in a longterm drought. It has nothing to do with people driving SUVs or power plans burning coal, though. Why is my area experiencing record amounts of rain? Still "climate change" (all man-made, of course), I suppose.   *****rollingeyes*****

I'd gladly trade California about 10" of rain for some temperatures that aren't 15 degrees below normal.

You and me both.  Too bad we can't bottle our weather and send it to California, but that's the way it goes.

At least they aren't calling it global warming now.  Today, I'm freezing. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:26:45 pm by Applewood »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 10:21:49 pm »
Today, I'm freezing.
Ditto, and who knows whether the ground ever will dry out. But, but, but, climate change!

Online DB

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 11:15:32 pm »
California's primary fire problem is man made ignition sources due to many more people being present. When you add those ignition sources to very dry high wind conditions you get a fire storm. Without the ignition source those dry high wind conditions wouldn't amount to much.

So in short the "climate change" is the addition of millions of not too bright people in places that are very sensitive to their carelessness.