Author Topic: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019: Updated  (Read 12609 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
By Stan Greene
Observer Staff Writer
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019
Speaking privately, a law clerk sasy the Justice's Cancer has come out of remission

November 9, 2018
While the Nation is preoccupied with the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, it appears there will soon be another vacancy on the US Supreme Court

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks. Ginsburg was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer.

She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein. This explains in part the "take no prisoners" attitude of the Democrats during the Kavanaugh nomination, carefully orchestrating weak 37 year old allegations against Kavanaugh by Women he barely remembers knowing in High School and College.

Kavanaugh is a player in this drama. He's in the wrong place at the wrong time . President Donald J Trump will be replacing Notorious RBG, the lovechild of the left, and so will remake the Supreme Court for a generation. The Democrats simply must win back the Senate in November 2018, progressives feel.

Ginsburg, 85 was appointed by President Bill Clinton and took the oath of office on August 10, 1993. She is the second female justice (after Sandra Day O'Connor) of four to be confirmed to the court (along with Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, who are still serving). Following O'Connor's retirement, and until Sotomayor joined the court, Ginsburg was the only female justice on the Supreme Court. During that time, Ginsburg became more forceful with her dissents, which were noted by legal observers and in popular culture. She is generally viewed as belonging to the liberal wing of the court. Ginsburg has authored notable majority opinions, including United States v. Virginia, Olmstead v. L.C., and Friends of the Earth, Inc. v. Laidlaw Environmental Services, Inc.

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/11/09/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-will-retire-from-the-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 05:52:44 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just saw this I have been all over the web looking for confirmation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Zero confirmation as of yet.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If this were confirmed, it would be all over everything everywhere.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They are pushing the "Ribs For Ruth" meme.  All is fine. That fall was just normal for a terminally ill end stage pancreatic cancer patient.  Nothing to see.  Move along. 

If she lives six more weeks I would be surprised.  Either way, the next time she dons her black robe it will be when she is in her coffin.  She will never hear another case.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They are pushing the "Ribs For Ruth" meme.  All is fine. That fall was just normal for a terminally ill end stage pancreatic cancer patient.  Nothing to see.  Move along. 

If she lives six more weeks I would be surprised.  Either way, the next time she dons her black robe it will be when she is in her coffin.  She will never hear another case.

Truly. Fall with the elderly often accelerate things. When my grandma fell At 96 and broke or fractured nothing, nevertheless she was dead in two weeks despite being in relative good health.

If I were a betting man I'd say the fall will be the start of the downhill spiral.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:18:40 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I agree. More than that, I doubt we will see her in public again. She is going to go into convalescent hiding. BTW, there are a lot of people in D.C. still working who are close to her age. This may cause a few of them to rethink their obsession with their positions. I've said before many times that no job, no matter how cushy and profitable it may be, is worth your life. These guys don't seem to get that simple concept.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If this were confirmed, it would be all over everything everywhere.

If true, it puzzles me that it wasn't announced before the election,  to drive Dems to the polls to take back the Senate.   

If true, it may suggest why the Dems are determined to steal the Florida and Arizona Senate contests, since if successful the GOP, while still controlling the Senate, will have the same one-vote margin as before.    Will Amy Comey Barrett be confirmable if she has to get the votes of Collins and Murkowski?   
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:45:41 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
If true, it puzzles me that it wasn't announced before the election,  to drive Dems to the polls to take back the Senate.   

If true, it may suggest why the Dems are determined to steal the Florida and Arizona Senate contests, since if successful the GOP, while still controlling the Senate, will have the same one-vote margin as before.    Will Amy Comey Barrett be confirmable if she has to get the votes of Collins and Murkowski?   

If true, had the Dems announced it earlier, it would also have driven Reps to the polls to keep the Senate, and the Senate deck was stacked against the Dems already.  Agreed that it provides clear, compelling motive to steal the FL and AZ contests.
James 1:20

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein.

If true, awfully damned nice of her.  Nothing like partisanship to the end. 

Offline Absalom

Just saw this I have been all over the web looking for confirmation
-------------------------------------
She had surgery for Colon cancer in 1993
and Pancreatic cancer in 2008.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If true, awfully damned nice of her.  Nothing like partisanship to the end.
I don't think RBG even claims to be a 'fair and impartial' judge. She's pretty much out in the open that she is a very biased partisan hack for the Democrats. She doesn't even try to make a secret of her hatred for 'the other side' a.k.a. the enemy, as the Liberals refer to straight normal people these days.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If true, had the Dems announced it earlier, it would also have driven Reps to the polls to keep the Senate, and the Senate deck was stacked against the Dems already.  Agreed that it provides clear, compelling motive to steal the FL and AZ contests.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

It will take months for Senate elections to be settled (possible by USSC)

The dems will fight hard, claiming Trump already got 2 appointments.

Gonna be some big time political drama.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Thanks for nothing Utah for cursing us with "I'm going to DC to Stand Up To Trump Romney."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One source, unsubstantiated, not a reliable report.

I don't think she's going anywhere anytime soon.
Except... possibly... to... "that other place".

Offline mountaineer

UPDATE

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery
December 21, 2018

NEW YORK — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg underwent a lung procedure to remove cancerous growths, the Supreme Court said Friday.

The 85-year-old justice is being treated at Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York.

According to NPR, Ginsburg ‘hopes to be back on the court for the start of the new term in early January.’ ...  Breaking911

Link to NPR story
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:49:35 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

She will McCain this to the end.

Offline mountaineer

... It’s Justice Ginsburg’s third bout with cancer since she joined the court in 1993. ...

The growths were found during tests Justice Ginsburg had after she fractured ribs in a fall on Nov. 7.
Link

Next week they'll show us photos of her pumping iron and running marathons, not to worry!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She will McCain this to the end.
Or she gets a Democrat president and Senate, whichever comes first.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

Surgery for any 85 yr. old has significant risk.

Offline Wingnut

Dead Justice walking.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Dead Justice walking.

I'll settle for seeing her step down.

I wouldn't wish death by pancreatic or any other cancer on my worst enemy.

My Mom went that way. I was her care giver.

No one deservse that. Not even a petty tyrant like RBG.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:51:32 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Wingnut

I'll settle for seeing her step down.

I wouldn't wish death by pancreatic or any other cancer on my worst enemy.

My Mom went that way. I was her care giver.

No one deservse that. Not even a petty tyrant like RBG.

Agreed.  The surgery choice at her age is baffling.  She should just retire and enjoy whatever time she has left. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Agreed.  The surgery choice at her age is baffling.  She should just retire and enjoy whatever time she has left.

Loves the power and the associated trappings too much.  Just like McStain & Family.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: