Author Topic: Harvard’s Tribe: Sessions Firing, Whitaker Appointment ‘Slow Motion Constitutional Crisis’  (Read 503 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
8 Nov 2018428
2:34

Thursday on MSNBC’s “Live,” Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe said President Donald Trump removing Attorney General Jeff Sessions and appointing Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general was a “slow motion constitutional crisis.”

When asked why he believes the appointment of Whittaker is illegal, Tribe said, “The fundamental reason is the U.S. Constitution in Article 2, Section 2, Clause 2 makes it absolutely clear that a principal officer of the United States, that is somebody who exercises enough power so he’s answerable only to the president, cannot be appointed just by the president, even if Congress were to authorize it, which it hasn’t here; but must be appointed pursuant to the advice and consent of the Senate. The president has no power to circumvent that.”

He continued, “I think when the Democrats take over the House they should simply disregard everything that this pretender to the position of attorney general tries to do. He’s not Senate confirmed. That makes his appointment unconstitutional. It shouldn’t get lost in technical details.”

He explained, “What I mean is, the way they do it is pick up the phone and ask Robert Mueller to come over to the Hill and testify under oath to all of his findings except for the things that are classified.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/11/08/harvards-tribe-sessions-firing-whitaker-appointment-slow-motion-constitutional-crisis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The liberals are glossing over the fact that the Vacancies Act allows a stand-in for 210 days w/o confirmation.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The liberals are glossing over the fact that the Vacancies Act allows a stand-in for 210 days w/o confirmation.
At least until or unless they get a president they like who needs to appoint an acting official under the act. Then they'll be crowing about a neat advantage the man or woman appointed as the acting/interim should love. I mean, how often do you get a trial period holding appointive office in which you can figure, hey, this might not be so bad; or, hey this is more trouble than it's worth? Whitaker may prove to have his problems, but he's got to be thinking that right now he's getting a chance to audition on the job that you don't always get.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
At least until or unless they get a president they like who needs to appoint an acting official under the act. Then they'll be crowing about a neat advantage the man or woman appointed as the acting/interim should love. I mean, how often do you get a trial period holding appointive office in which you can figure, hey, this might not be so bad; or, hey this is more trouble than it's worth? Whitaker may prove to have his problems, but he's got to be thinking that right now he's getting a chance to audition on the job that you don't always get.

Matt's a sharp cookie, he'll grab the opportunity if there's one to grab.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Matt's a sharp cookie, he'll grab the opportunity if there's one to grab.
@Free Vulcan
Unless---and you can never count this out with this president---Whitaker's taken to a point once arrived at by a Yankee pitcher named Roger Erickson, in the early 1980s, when George Steinbrenner's King-of-Hearts act was in tenth gear. Told that he was their "future," Erickson observed to a reporter, he said he told them, "I don't want to be in your future. It's frustrating enough being in your present."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.