Author Topic: The 'world's first' A.I. news anchor has gone live in China  (Read 473 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The 'world's first' A.I. news anchor has gone live in China
« on: November 09, 2018, 03:01:21 pm »

A TV anchor has joined a Chinese news agency, but with a twist: he isn't human. China's state-run Xinhua News Agency has launched an artificial intelligence (AI) anchor, a move it claims to be a world first.

"English AI Anchor" debuted Thursday at the World Internet Conference in the country's eastern Zhejiang Province.

Modeled on the agency's Zhang Zhao presenter, the new anchor learns from live videos and is able to work 24 hours a day, reporting via social media and on the Xinhua website. "'He' learns from live broadcasting videos by himself and can read texts as naturally as a professional news anchor," the company said in an online statement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/09/the-worlds-first-ai-news-anchor-has-gone-live-in-china.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: The 'world's first' A.I. news anchor has gone live in China
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 03:15:43 pm »

A TV anchor has joined a Chinese news agency, but with a twist: he isn't human. China's state-run Xinhua News Agency has launched an artificial intelligence (AI) anchor, a move it claims to be a world first.

"English AI Anchor" debuted Thursday at the World Internet Conference in the country's eastern Zhejiang Province.

Modeled on the agency's Zhang Zhao presenter, the new anchor learns from live videos and is able to work 24 hours a day, reporting via social media and on the Xinhua website. "'He' learns from live broadcasting videos by himself and can read texts as naturally as a professional news anchor," the company said in an online statement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/09/the-worlds-first-ai-news-anchor-has-gone-live-in-china.html

FIgured they hired Don Lemon.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:45:09 pm »
yesterday's thread on the same

Can you tell the difference? First AI newsreader looks UNCANNILY like real deal
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,339521.msg1840757.html#msg1840757
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 04:46:32 pm »
We could use that here.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 01:08:17 am »
Who would they make one here to resemble?
Walter Cronkite ...?  ;)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 01:17:09 am »
Who would they make one here to resemble?
Walter Cronkite ...?  ;)

Ron Burgundy?