Author Topic: Rules to encourage well behaved artificial intelligence  (Read 463 times)

rangerrebew

Rules to encourage well behaved artificial intelligence
« on: November 09, 2018, 02:27:55 pm »

Opinion Technology 22 August 2018
Rules to encourage well behaved artificial intelligence

The march of technology has reduced global poverty, given us longer lives and delivered the information superhighway. But recent developments in AI have Alan Finkel wondering.

My spine still shivers when I remember the nuclear stand-off between the Soviet Union and the United States in 1962. As a nine-year-old I felt helpless in the face of two leaders poised to push the button.

It was MAD – mutually assured destruction – but sanity prevailed and by the end of the 1960s we had détente.

In the decades since I have felt comfortable with the dazzling march of technology that has reduced global poverty, given us longer lives, delivered the information superhighway and created my zero-emissions Tesla.

Yes, there are disappointments – the internet, for example, has not raised the calibre of conversation but instead has created echo chambers of bigotry and forums for lies and harassment.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/technology/rules-to-encourage-well-behaved-artificial-intelligence

rangerrebew

Re: Rules to encourage well behaved artificial intelligence
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 02:29:30 pm »
No such rules will apply to politicians or the media, however. :tongue2: