Author Topic: Google Executive Fatally Struck By Tech Company Bus  (Read 939 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Google Executive Fatally Struck By Tech Company Bus
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:23:11 pm »
Google Executive Fatally Struck By Tech Company Bus

MOUNTAIN VIEW (CBS SF) — A young woman crossing a street on Google’s Mountain View campus was fatally struck by a tech company bus Monday evening, authorities said.

On Wednesday, Google identified the woman as Emily Hong, an executive in the tech giant’s finance department.

“We are devastated to learn of the tragic passing of a member of our Google family,” the statement read. “On Monday night, our colleague Emily Hong passed away after being struck by a shuttle bus on our Mountain View campus.”

“Emily worked in the finance organization and was beloved by her colleagues — she brought an incredible spark to Google,” the statement continued. “She was inquisitive, creative, analytical, positive, generous and kind — our deepest condolences are with her family and friends.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/11/07/mountain-view-pedestrian-struck-google-bus/

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

Re: Google Executive Fatally Struck By Tech Company Bus
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:34:39 pm »
Note:  These are all electric shuttle buses.  I cannot help but wonder if the lack of noise was a contributing factor.

Four all-electric, 16-seat blue-and-white shuttle vehicles, all equipped with a wheelchair lift, space for two wheelchairs, two exterior bicycle racks, and free Wi-Fi onboard.

https://mvcommunityshuttle.com/about/

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 07:55:17 pm »
Note:  These are all electric shuttle buses.  I cannot help but wonder if the lack of noise was a contributing factor.

Four all-electric, 16-seat blue-and-white shuttle vehicles, all equipped with a wheelchair lift, space for two wheelchairs, two exterior bicycle racks, and free Wi-Fi onboard.

Silent electric vehicles are dangerous, for the silence.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:35:00 pm »

This is Google, I can't help wondering what she knew and who she was going to tell it to. She got googled the hard way..........

Are you sure about the shuttle being electric, because other articles I read are showing this and calling it the Google shuttle bus.

@thackney

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 09:47:16 pm »
This is Google, I can't help wondering what she knew and who she was going to tell it to. She got googled the hard way..........

Are you sure about the shuttle being electric, because other articles I read are showing this and calling it the Google shuttle bus.

@thackney

I have seen three different bus styles shown in different news articles.  They are just showing stock photos because they need a bus photo.

I linked to the Google mountain view shuttle web site.  Bragging about the environmentally friendly bus was a big part of providing the service.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 03:54:08 am »
Google is one of the large tech companies who serve their employees by providing buses from home to office.

It gives them more time to contribute to the company business.

The perk certainly did not work for that finance person.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 03:56:25 am »
Google is one of the large tech companies who serve their employees by providing buses from home to office.

It gives them more time to contribute to the company business.

How Soviet like. Ride in this shitty communal city bus so we can squeeze more uncompensated hours out of you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 03:58:18 am »
Google identified the woman as Emily Hong

Guess she never got the hong of crosswalks.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 04:25:52 am »
Damn shame
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:57 am »

Or was she listening to her headphones?

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 04:55:53 am »

I'm sure it was a factor. Electric vehicles have surprised me in parking lots; it's definitely dangerous. They should add some kind of artificial sound.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:56:40 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 05:48:48 am »
I'm sure it was a factor. Electric vehicles have surprised me in parking lots; it's definitely dangerous. They should add some kind of artificial sound.
They do, it's that large sucking sound of money being siphoned out of your wallet to subsidize them. While I'm on the subject, I am thoroughly fed up with the clowns in these electric vehicles driving around with decals that say 'zero emission' and am thinking of having decals made that say 'All Bullshit' to put next to them.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 05:56:47 am »
They do, it's that large sucking sound of money being siphoned out of your wallet to subsidize them. While I'm on the subject, I am thoroughly fed up with the clowns in these electric vehicles driving around with decals that say 'zero emission' and am thinking of having decals made that say 'All Bullshit' to put next to them.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 05:57:23 am »

Maybe like a button in a central location in the cockpit, say maybe in the center of the steering wheel, that when depressed it emits a 126 decibel note from the grill area. It could be used to alert dim people wandering around in areas with moving cars.

Maybe I should send this idea to GM or Ford. It could be revolutionary.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 08:38:53 am »
Google identified the woman as Emily Hong

Guess she never got the hong of crosswalks.

[edited by Mod2]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:00:10 pm by Mod2 »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 01:01:01 pm »
What goes around comes around......,and runs over your ass if you don't get out of the way?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 01:05:06 pm »

@thackney

For those of you who don't know the history of the automobile in America,electric cars were banned in most cities in the 20's because they were so quiet. At one time there was a law in at least one city that stated that anyone who drove an electric car had to have someone walk in front of it ringing a bell to warm pedestrians it was coming.

People were used to the hoofbeats and rattles of horse-draw carriages or just riders,and would walk right out in front of electric cars.  This is why the early electric car companies failed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 01:08:29 pm »

@dfwgator

Thank you! That would make a great decal to be sold to the public so we could slap it on the yuppie and other bubblehead electric cars.