Author Topic: Midterms shift balance in Washington for oil sector  (Read 1045 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Midterms shift balance in Washington for oil sector
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:57:10 am »
Houston Chronicle by  James Osborne Nov. 7, 2018

After almost a decade of oil-friendly Republicans controlling Congress, the energy sector faced a dramatically different landscape Wednesday on Capitol Hill.

Where Republicans pushed an end to the oil export ban and looser environmental regulations around drilling, the new Democratic-led House is expected to be more interested in combating climate change than boosting oil and gas production.

But with Republicans still controlling the White House and Senate, Democrats will have their work cut out for them in pursuing any legislation that does not carry GOP support.

"It'll be noisier. There will be hearings o-rama. But in terms of action not so much," said Robert McNally, president of the Rapidan Energhy Group, a consulting firm outside Washington. "We don't see them rolling President Trump, but the pace of deregulation at EPA will probably slow down because officials will be much busier dealing with subpoenas."

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Midterms-shift-balance-for-oil-sector-13370829.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Midterms shift balance in Washington for oil sector
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:29:52 pm »
with 40 of the 52 congressional districts elected in California already in the hands of the Dems, that state will have a very strong presence in Congress negative for the oil industry.

California is systematically dismembering its own oil industry and will impose its will as much as possible in Congress with doing the same across America.

If I were a betting man, I would anticipate that last large oil company Chevron to flee its California HQ in the upcoming years to find a safer refuge in a more friendly state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Midterms shift balance in Washington for oil sector
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 10:36:47 pm »

If I were a betting man, I would anticipate that last large oil company Chevron to flee its California HQ in the upcoming years to find a safer refuge in a more friendly state.

Bringing in a bunch of heavily leftist indoctrinated voters into that hapless state to ruin it.