Author Topic: Turbines Kill So Many Birds They're Effectively an Apex Predator  (Read 739 times)

rangerrebew

Turbines Kill So Many Birds They're Effectively an Apex Predator

The effect of wind farms on ecosystems is effectively the same as if a new predator were introduced to the area.

By Avery Thompson   
Nov 6, 2018

Wind turbines are vital for sustainable power, providing cheap electricity without producing any sort of pollution. But they can be deadly for birds, and new research shows just how deadly: Wind turbines kill so many birds that in ecosystems where they are placed, the turbines effectively take on the role of a top predator.

We’ve long since known that wind turbines are a danger to birds. A typical wind farm can kill thousands of birds every year, including raptors like falcons and eagles. The deaths of these larger birds are the real problem because they can cause ripple effects throughout the entire ecosystem.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a24749526/turbines-apex-predator-study/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:35:04 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Turbines Kill So Many Birds They're Effectively an Apex Predator
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:38:08 pm »
Birds being slaughtered isn't in the tree hugger liberal department of hate.  Bird slaughters would be in the PETA protest department. *look*

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:04:58 am »
It may be a pandora's box being opened as there are orders of magnitudes more birds killed from the energy infrastructure like towers and power lines.  One estimate is up to 57 million each year.

https://abcbirds.org/wind-energy-threatens-birds/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 04:24:35 am »
Birds are stupid as hell
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 05:06:36 am »
Birds are stupid as hell
What got you squawking?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 05:12:21 am »
Turbines Kill So Many Birds They're Effectively an Apex Predator

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.