Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani claims he’s broke in divorce proceedings but made $9.5M last year  (Read 667 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Rudy Giuliani claims he’s broke in divorce proceedings but made $9.5M last year

By Julia Marsh

November 7, 2018 | 11:05am

Rudy Giuliani is grimacing at the idea of continuing to pay support for his estranged wife, Judith — insisting that he’s tapped out because he’s working pro bono as President Trump’s lawyer.

The former mayor’s lawyer admitted in Manhattan divorce court Wednesday that Giuliani made $9 million in 2017 and a little under $5 million this year — but added that there’s not enough left over after his own fiscal obligations to fund his wife’s current lifestyle.

The cry of poverty drew derision from Judith Giulaini nee Nathan’s lawyer, Bernard Clair, who described the ex-Mayor as suffering from “sudden income deficit syndrome” — when a wealthy spouse claims poverty during a divorce case.

more
https://pagesix.com/2018/11/07/rudy-giuliani-claiming-hes-broke-in-divorce-proceedings-despite-making-9-5m-last-year/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Listen. $10 Mill don't go as far as it used to.

Offline LottieDah

Hey Rudy instead of re-marrying adopt a pet from a shelter.  It will provide excellent company, affection and will not cost you a lot of money.

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey Rudy instead of re-marrying adopt a pet from a shelter.  It will provide excellent company, affection and will not cost you a lot of money.

I don't know. He may have had enough of bitches for a while.

Offline LottieDah

"I don't know. He may have had enough of bitches for a while."

He can always adopt a male dog or cat.  It is clear that Rudy and "bitches" don't get along.

Offline mountaineer

Listen. $10 Mill don't go as far as it used to.
That's always been my experience.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Rudy Giuliani claims he’s broke in divorce proceedings but made $9.5M last year

By Julia Marsh

November 7, 2018 | 11:05am

Rudy Giuliani is grimacing at the idea of continuing to pay support for his estranged wife, Judith — insisting that he’s tapped out because he’s working pro bono as President Trump’s lawyer.

The former mayor’s lawyer admitted in Manhattan divorce court Wednesday that Giuliani made $9 million in 2017 and a little under $5 million this year — but added that there’s not enough left over after his own fiscal obligations to fund his wife’s current lifestyle.

The cry of poverty drew derision from Judith Giulaini nee Nathan’s lawyer, Bernard Clair, who described the ex-Mayor as suffering from “sudden income deficit syndrome” — when a wealthy spouse claims poverty during a divorce case.

more

https://pagesix.com/2018/11/07/rudy-giuliani-claiming-hes-broke-in-divorce-proceedings-despite-making-9-5m-last-year/

HEY! If you can't trust an honest and upright citizen like a divorce attorney that gets a percentage of the take to tell the truth,who CAN you trust?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

Nathan wants her former hubby of 15 years to pay for expenses for several of their shared residences, including in Palm Beach and Southampton, as well as her personal assistant and the cost of housing her elderly mother in an assisted living facility. She is also seeking $63,000 a month in spousal support.

Ok, he's a  douche for canoodling with a mistress while still married to her, but geez, does the wife really need this much money?  I guess her demands are more out of revenge than need.  But I would hope a sensible judge would put a halt to what amounts to extortion. 

And I don't even like Rudy, but I don't want to see him raked over the coals.   In my younger days I worked for a couple of young lawyers who took on a few divorce cases.  In those days, all the wife had to do was cry some crocodile tears before a judge and the husband would be reduced to poverty.  Today some judges are becoming wise to this racket, but not enough. 

Offline mountaineer

In what universe should a man be responsible for supporting his ex-mother-in-law? Judy Nathan needs to get a grip. Sell a few houses.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nathan wants her former hubby of 15 years to pay for expenses for several of their shared residences, including in Palm Beach and Southampton, as well as her personal assistant and the cost of housing her elderly mother in an assisted living facility. She is also seeking $63,000 a month in spousal support.

The system is upside down when a FORMER spouse is now legally entitled to live a life style comparable to the one they lived when they were contributing to the family.

In a SANE system,the court would have awarded her free title to one house,and maybe a couple of grand a month AT THE MOST for 2 years or so,and then cut off her funding.

Or is marriage the new slavery?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

The system is upside down when a FORMER spouse is now legally entitled to live a life style comparable to the one they lived when they were contributing to the family.

In a SANE system,the court would have awarded her free title to one house,and maybe a couple of grand a month AT THE MOST for 2 years or so,and then cut off her funding.

Or is marriage the new slavery?

In my area, the court now has a mediation system that both parties must participate in.  Both sides have to produce financial information and they had better have good reasons for why the husband can't make the demand and why the wife even needs, say, $63,000 per month.    The mediator will attempt to work out a deal.    Otherwise, it goes before a judge who today may order some deal that neither party wants.