Author Topic: 13 people killed including shooter in California bar shooting  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: 13 people killed including shooter in California bar shooting
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 05:10:55 pm »
Police had been called to his residence and he was "cleared" by them. So he was on their radar. Once again, a known threat.

Unfortunately, police can't arrest a guy for something he MIGHT do.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:05 pm »
CA passed a "Red Flag" law a couple of years back after a shooting and stabbing incident.

If this guy had issues, the police most certainly could have secured a warrant and seized his firearm(s)...

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this, but I'm sure in the interest of pursuing even stricter control, Sacramento will bury some of the more contradictory aspects of this.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »
Adam Housely of Fox News..niece was one of the 13 killed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 08:43:56 pm »
Tamera Mowry-Housley and husband reveal niece died in Thousand Oaks shooting

Tamera Mowry-Housley and husband reveal niece died in Thousand Oaks shooting
Erin Jensen, USA TODAY Published 8:48 a.m. ET Nov. 8, 2018 | Updated 3:24 p.m. ET Nov. 8, 2018

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

A California shooting left "The Real" host and "Sister, Sister" star Tamera Mowry-Housley devastated after the star discovered her 18-year-old niece was one of the victims.

A statement issued to USA TODAY on behalf of Mowry-Housley and her husband, former Fox News correspondent Adam Housley, confirmed their niece was a victim in the mass shooting that left 12 dead about 40 miles west of Los Angeles late Wednesday after a gunman opened fire inside a country music dance bar.

"Our hearts are broken. We just learned that our niece Alaina was one of the victims of last night’s shooting at Borderline bar in Thousand Oaks," the couple stated via their joint representative, Chantal Artur. "Alaina was an incredible young woman with so much life ahead of her and we are devastated that her life was cut short in this manner. We thank everyone for your prayers and ask for privacy at this time."

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/11/08/thousand-oaks-shooting-tamera-mowry-housley-husband-adam-niece/1928115002/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 03:57:25 am »
My belief that statistics that including the killing of the killer should never be included.  Particularly if the jerk committed suicide.

The killer being killed by himself or others is not killing.  It is more like justice.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2018, 04:26:47 am »
Typical California. Gun Free zones filled with violence -_-
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 06:19:05 am »
CA passed a "Red Flag" law a couple of years back after a shooting and stabbing incident.

If this guy had issues, the police most certainly could have secured a warrant and seized his firearm(s)...

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this, but I'm sure in the interest of pursuing even stricter control, Sacramento will bury some of the more contradictory aspects of this.
As I suspected, LE called on him in the Spring, but left alone.  Psychiatrists said he wasn't a danger and did not commit for 72 hour observation.  Neighbors were aware and concerned about him, numerous instances mentioned about fights and other situations in the home, but didn't raise the flag...and yet, it's the firearm's fault.   :thud: :shrug:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2018, 01:25:19 pm »
Looks like this state could really benefit from some gun control.

@Frank Cannon

Some victim mother is all over teebee this morning shrieking "I WANT GUN CONTROL! I WANT GUN CONTROL!" at the top of her lungs.

Who knows,she may even demand a law making it illegal to murder people? That would surely stop murders,wouldn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 01:27:32 pm »
Bar situations, this was country night, really do seem to have an ever-present danger though things like this are rather rare events. We can remember the pulse nightclub shooting.  A dark environment usually, some times hundreds of people. Usually, one would think a dangerous person is stopped at the door.

@TomSea

I believe this guy shot the bouncer at the door as he entered.

In some saloons back in the old west,they had a guy with a shotgun sitting in a chair up near the ceiling  and off to the side monitoring who came in the door. He automatically had the drop on anyone that came in shooting,AND he had a shotgun.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2018, 01:29:26 pm »

@Applewood

"UNFORTUNATELY"???????

Offline Applewood

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 01:56:18 pm »
@Applewood

"UNFORTUNATELY"???????

The previous poster seemed to believe that the authorities could have prevented this tragedy based on the perp's past erratic behavior. When I responded to her post, I was not aware there are measures in place whereby his guns could have been seized and/or he could have been arrested because of the previous police calls to his home.  I suppose enforcement of those measures is left to the discretion of the officers and they did not see him as a real threat.  Big mistake.

But I don't know if the shooter had threatened to go to this specific bar to shoot people before he actually did.  Focusing just on that -- if there had not been a specific threat by him against the bar, the authorities could not have arrested him beforehand.

Bottom line is that no matter how many laws are on the books, this tragedy could not have been prevented by them.  Someone at the bar -- the guys at the door perhaps? -- should have been armed.  That might have stopped the shooter or at the very least, lessened the number of casualties.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 01:59:31 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Some victim mother is all over teebee this morning shrieking "I WANT GUN CONTROL! I WANT GUN CONTROL!" at the top of her lungs.

Who knows,she may even demand a law making it illegal to murder people? That would surely stop murders,wouldn't it?

Oh yes, the bodies weren't even cold yet before the anti-gun crowd, with the help of their media allies, came out of the woodwork, demanding that private gun ownership should be banned.  These idiots are so predictable.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 03:11:47 pm »

I Survived the California Shooting and Should Have Been Armed to Stop It
November 8, 2018
 Liberty Hangout
By Alex Chatoff

Last night I went to the country bar Borderline in Thousand Oaks, California with my girlfriend Ally and her two friends. I am 20 years old and have lived in Thousand Oaks my whole life. I currently go to California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks and am a sophomore.

We were having a great time, until at about 11:20 pm when shots started going off. Smoke grenades were thrown by the entrance, which limited my view of the shooter. It was a pistol I believe, and as the shots started, my girlfriend and I ducked behind the DJ booth.  ...

I believe this area was a gun free zone, and although there was security, I don’t believe any were armed. I do know that one security officer was killed right when the shooting started.

If just one person was armed, there is a possibility that it could have been stopped then and there. This is why gun free zones are a danger to us all, and if someone had been there armed, those people would still be alive.  ... Read rest of article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 03:36:03 pm »
I Survived the California Shooting and Should Have Been Armed to Stop It
November 8, 2018
 Liberty Hangout
By Alex Chatoff

Last night I went to the country bar Borderline in Thousand Oaks, California with my girlfriend Ally and her two friends. I am 20 years old and have lived in Thousand Oaks my whole life. I currently go to California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks and am a sophomore.

We were having a great time, until at about 11:20 pm when shots started going off. Smoke grenades were thrown by the entrance, which limited my view of the shooter. It was a pistol I believe, and as the shots started, my girlfriend and I ducked behind the DJ booth.  ...

I believe this area was a gun free zone, and although there was security, I don’t believe any were armed. I do know that one security officer was killed right when the shooting started.

If just one person was armed, there is a possibility that it could have been stopped then and there. This is why gun free zones are a danger to us all, and if someone had been there armed, those people would still be alive.  ... Read rest of article

He's right, but you can't carry in a bar.  And, you can't drink if you are carrying.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2018, 03:58:10 pm »
He's right, but you can't carry in a bar.  And, you can't drink if you are carrying.
There were an awful lot of underage kids in that bar. Not that it has anything to do with the shooting, but I wonder whether the bar even attempted to comply with the laws about that.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 04:26:25 pm »

They can put crazy people in institutions and prevent them from buying firearms, at the very least.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 04:27:43 pm »
‘I hope people call me insane’: Authorities identify Facebook post believed to have been made by California shooter
Posted 8:35 am, November 9, 2018, by CNNwire

...  Long’s mother “lived in fear” of what her son might do, a neighbor says. She was concerned about Long, the neighbor said, but she was not worried about her own safety. ...

Authorities have identified a Facebook post believed to have been made by the shooter around the time of the attack, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the ongoing investigation.

In it, the writer says: “I hope people call me insane… (laughing emojis).. wouldn’t that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah.. I’m insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is ‘hopes and prayers’.. or ‘keep you in my thoughts’… every time… and wonder why these keep happening…”

When CNN read the post to a friend of Long’s, who did not want to be publicly identified, the friend said, “That does not sound like Ian to me at all. I don’t know what was going through his head when he wrote this. It must have been terrible.”   ...
More at FOX8

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:22 pm »
There were an awful lot of underage kids in that bar. Not that it has anything to do with the shooting, but I wonder whether the bar even attempted to comply with the laws about that.

I'm listening to Dan Bongino whilst I clean out the refrigerator (blech!).  He made a couple of very good points, as an ex-Secret Service guy.  First, when you go into a bar or restaurant, there is deliberately one entrance, for good business reasons.  When people get into a panic, they automatically go for the same door they came in.  When you go into an establishment, you should take a half second and identify other exits, including going through the kitchen.

He also said that the problem with churches/synagogues is that the whole congregation is focused on the front of the church where the altar is.  Obviously.  But, that makes is fairly easy for someone to come in the back and not be seen immediately.  He said that there should always be someone whose job it is to monitor the entry door.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 05:29:33 pm »
The previous poster seemed to believe that the authorities could have prevented this tragedy based on the perp's past erratic behavior. When I responded to her post, I was not aware there are measures in place whereby his guns could have been seized and/or he could have been arrested because of the previous police calls to his home.  I suppose enforcement of those measures is left to the discretion of the officers and they did not see him as a real threat.  Big mistake.

But I don't know if the shooter had threatened to go to this specific bar to shoot people before he actually did.  Focusing just on that -- if there had not been a specific threat by him against the bar, the authorities could not have arrested him beforehand.

Bottom line is that no matter how many laws are on the books, this tragedy could not have been prevented by them.  Someone at the bar -- the guys at the door perhaps? -- should have been armed.  That might have stopped the shooter or at the very least, lessened the number of casualties.
"Someone at the bar -- the guys at the door perhaps? -- should have been armed.  That might have stopped the shooter or at the very least, lessened the number of casualties"

Yes, that is what I've been saying.  There is no way to stop anyone initially from shooting a number of people. But further casualties can be prevented with armed citizens. Even French admitted as much.
I think we'll see some laws passed authorizing ...uh.... authorities to disarm people who are diagnosed with mental issues.
I  thought we might have laws like that already in place.  But I don't know.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2018, 05:38:04 pm »
CA already has a "Red Flag" law in place, since 2014...many other states have followed suit.  Just recently, a woman called the cops on her brother and he ended up being shot to death by them.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/home-owner-killed-maryland-police-trying-confiscate-guns/

Slippery slope...gonna be a lot more of these types of incidents and sadly, many jackbooted thugs willing to participate.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 06:01:31 pm »

Under age 21 people, have a different marking on the hand at admittance.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 06:06:38 pm »

@Applewood

Exactly! The truth is the local cops COULD have arrested him when they went to his house,but it still wouldn't have prevented the murders. Not even if they had confiscated all his guns and would have been impossible for him to shoot anybody. Sooner or later he would have gotten out and he could have gone there with Molotov coctails instead of firearms.

The only REAL effective way to stop this sort of thing is to have genuine shooters,as opposed to guys just carrying guns,watching the doors and bars,and standing off at a distance and an angle where they can watch both while being at an angle where any potential shooter/bomb thrower can't see them draw and take aim at them.

Like I wrote in a earlier post,back in the wild west it wasn't uncommon to have a shooter or two with a shotgun perched up near the ceiling on a platform where he would watch the door and the bar,and had an unobstructed view of the crowd. That is the sort of thing that will discourage shooting up that bar.

And.....,there is the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing we have,and I'm sorta fond of it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2018, 06:34:11 pm »
http://libertyhangout.org/2018/10/feminists-threaten-to-rape-kill-kaitlin-bennett-for-mocking-feminism/

She may just be one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen,AND she is rabidly pro-gun and pro-individual freedoms!

We would be talking restraining order if I were 50 years younger! Sometimes being a geezer just plain sucks!

Anybody know if either of her grandmothers is still alive?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2018, 10:21:07 pm »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6366501/Gunman-shoots-dozens-victims-including-police-officer-opens-fire-California-bar.html

Hanson said that he 'assumed' he would get mental health treatment afterwards because police spent a while in the house.

'I assumed he was getting some type of mental health treatment and follow-up on that. Since that time, there has not been any more of those types of problems here,' he said.

Wait for the reports. Let's see if he was on Psych Drugs.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com