Author Topic: 2018 General Election Live Thread  (Read 31157 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 2018 General Election Live Thread
« Reply #825 on: November 07, 2018, 04:29:46 pm »
There are a lot of people on both sides that give me the creeps. Ted Cruz is just one of the Republicans. I don't think he actually cares about anything but himself, sorry.

I don't care, as long as he votes correctly.  It's not up to me anyway, it's up to Texans. 

My mild rebuke has more to do with accepting stories without proof, or in the face of opposing evidence.  Folks need to educate themselves because we have a press that won't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #826 on: November 07, 2018, 04:30:48 pm »

That vast swath you see from OK to ND is geographically large, but demographically small.

@edpc

And the bobblehead teebee "talk" shows are ranting and raving today about how this election was stolen because "the Republicans lost the popular vote,and it's going to be worse in 2020 unless something is done." One person talking this nonsense is the guy who is the senior political talking head from ABC News. Seems his job today is to spin the Dim losses and get the bobblehead soccer moms that watch that drivel every day on board early for the 2020 elections.

And with the Dims controlling the House,look for legislation to use the popular vote to determine election wins. Also,look for more states to vote in laws allowing people to vote by just showing up and giving a name and address that have no ID to prove who they are. That's how dead people vote in the 21st Century.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #827 on: November 07, 2018, 04:31:08 pm »
I've always had good intuition with people, and I sense something deeply sinister in Ted Cruz. Maybe I'm wrong.

You are very astute. Not only is there the issue of his families involvement in the JFK assassination there is also the small matter of Ted being the Zodiac Killer.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #828 on: November 07, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »
I don't care, as long as he votes correctly.  It's not up to me anyway, it's up to Texans. 

My mild rebuke has more to do with accepting stories without proof, or in the face of opposing evidence.  Folks need to educate themselves because we have a press that won't.

Ben Carson himself was complaining about it in the primaries if memory serves, and then Trump brought it up. I never heard that it was disproven. I'm always willing to accept reality once I'm faced with it, but reality is not always clear.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #829 on: November 07, 2018, 04:33:10 pm »
Ben Carson himself was complaining about it in the primaries if memory serves, and then Trump brought it up. I never heard that it was disproven. I'm always willing to accept reality once I'm faced with it, but reality is not always clear.

In the face of uncertainty, the moral person assumes innocence until guilt is proven. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #830 on: November 07, 2018, 04:36:09 pm »
In the face of uncertainty, the moral person assumes innocence until guilt is proven.

It didn't seem uncertain when both Carson and Trump were complaining about it. I also never heard the other argument.
-Socrates

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #831 on: November 07, 2018, 04:36:34 pm »
And with the Dims controlling the House,look for legislation to use the popular vote to determine election wins. Also, look for more states to vote in laws allowing people to vote by just showing up and giving a name and address that have no ID to prove who they are. That's how dead people vote in the 21st Century.

They’ll need to amend the constitution to change the popular vote threshold.  That’s not happening.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #832 on: November 07, 2018, 04:37:00 pm »

We're pretty certain about that. Cruz had to can his Campaign Manager to get that off the headlines.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #833 on: November 07, 2018, 04:37:35 pm »
You are very astute. Not only is there the issue of his families involvement in the JFK assassination there is also the small matter of Ted being the Zodiac Killer.

You jest but there is a reason people call him the Zodiac Killer.

He's creepy dude.
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #834 on: November 07, 2018, 04:38:47 pm »
There are a lot of people on both sides that give me the creeps. Ted Cruz is just one of the Republicans. I don't think he actually cares about anything but himself, sorry.

No, that's not thinking, that's feeling.  You need to learn to tell the difference.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #835 on: November 07, 2018, 04:40:03 pm »
It didn't seem uncertain when both Carson and Trump were complaining about it. I also never heard the other argument.

At the time, Cruz was looking like the eventual Nominee, and this fable succeeded in knocking him down.  Things like that always make me suspicious.  I'm a skeptical person, and I insist on guilt being proven before I make a call.  Trump complaining doesn't mean a damned thing, but if Carson still believes that today I'd be interested to know.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #836 on: November 07, 2018, 04:40:47 pm »

I've always had good intuition with people, and I sense something deeply sinister in Ted Cruz. Maybe I'm wrong.

@Dexter

You have finally posted something I agree with. I don't know exactly what it is,but there is something about Cruz that really creeps me out.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #837 on: November 07, 2018, 04:41:19 pm »
You jest but there is a reason people call him the Zodiac Killer.

He's creepy dude.

Feeeelz.  Yours in not a logical argument, it's one of emotions. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #838 on: November 07, 2018, 04:41:46 pm »
At the time, Cruz was looking like the eventual Nominee....

Total bullshit. There was no time ever when Cruz was ahead of Trump in the delegate count.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #839 on: November 07, 2018, 04:42:20 pm »
@Dexter

You have finally posted something I agree with. I don't know exactly what it is,but there is something about Cruz that really creeps me out.

BFD. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #840 on: November 07, 2018, 04:43:36 pm »
It sounds to me like the teachers' unions are to thank for these stats, which would also explain Walker's loss.

@jmyrlefuller

Partially,but the most fault lies at the feet of the parents for not correcting their children and for not raising hell with the school boards. After all,teachers are just hired babysitters. The children really belong to,and are the responsibility of the parents.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #841 on: November 07, 2018, 04:43:37 pm »
No, that's not thinking, that's feeling.  You need to learn to tell the difference.

Feelings can't be relied on for everything, but they're certainly not useless either. My intuition has served me well in my life. I accept that I could be wrong about Ted Cruz. For what it's worth Hillary Clinton is about three times as creepy in my opinion. That's why I refused to fall in line and vote for her. I try to use my heart and my brain.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #842 on: November 07, 2018, 04:46:00 pm »
Total bullshit. There was no time ever when Cruz was ahead of Trump in the delegate count.

He's the one establishment Republicans were hoping would be the nominee. But yeah, he got his ass thoroughly kicked all the way through the primaries, and I think it's in no small part because he's an empty suit, as I said. Trump feels real. Ted Cruz just doesn't.
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #843 on: November 07, 2018, 04:46:13 pm »
Feelings can't be relied on for everything, but they're certainly not useless either. My intuition has served me well in my life. I accept that I could be wrong about Ted Cruz. For what it's worth Hillary Clinton is about three times as creepy in my opinion. That's why I refused to fall in line and vote for her. I try to use my heart and my brain.

I disagree that your feelings have served you well.  Didn't you say that you are a leftist? 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #844 on: November 07, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »
BFD. :shrug:

Still waiting for you to tell me when "Eventual Nominee" Cruz was ahead in the delegate count against Trump?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #845 on: November 07, 2018, 04:49:18 pm »

They’ll need to amend the constitution to change the popular vote threshold.  That’s not happening.

@edpc

Maybe not right away,but NOW is when they are going to start chipping away at it.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #846 on: November 07, 2018, 04:49:52 pm »
I disagree that your feelings have served you well.  Didn't you say that you are a leftist?

Leftists call me a nazi and conservatives call me a communist. I'm tired of these labels. I'm a human with an open mind. I have ideas, but I am always willing to listen and be proven wrong. That is how I navigate the world.
-Socrates

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #847 on: November 07, 2018, 04:52:36 pm »
He's the one establishment Republicans were hoping would be the nominee. 

@Dexter

The truth is who the Party Pod People wanted is named "Anybody BUT Trump". Trump was the one candidate the RNC and DNC knew they couldn't control.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #848 on: November 07, 2018, 04:53:10 pm »
Still waiting for you to tell me when "Eventual Nominee" Cruz was ahead in the delegate count against Trump?

The kerfuffle over Carson happened in IA, didn't it?  How many delegates had been selected before Cruz took this shiv?  It's a bit of a trick question.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #849 on: November 07, 2018, 04:53:25 pm »
Disappointed Scott Walker couldn't squeak out a win...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34