Author Topic: Rush: Trump Manipulates Media into Touting the Economy  (Read 804 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Trump Manipulates Media into Touting the Economy
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:53:38 pm »

Trump Manipulates Media into Touting the Economy

Nov 5, 2018

RUSH: I will tell you, there’s something fascinating going on. I don’t know if you saw over the weekend. This Trump… Folks, this man is more brilliant than anybody is ever gonna give him credit for or realize. Do you know what the Drive-By Media spent the weekend doing? Hyping the economy! We’ve got the audio sound bites coming up to prove, they are hyping the economy, the Democrat Party, the media is hyping the economy!

Why? Because they also are criticizing Trump for not talking about it. Why? Because Trump’s talking about immigration. That’s what converts Democrat suburban women to Republican. They’re mad Trump isn’t talking about the economy. They’re trying to get Trump to stop talking about immigration and get him talking about the economy. In the meantime, both are happening. They are touting the economy. Ha! The media! The Democrat media is touting the economy, and Trump’s zeroing in on immigration.

It’s a twofer.

It’s brilliant.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, I mentioned some amazing that were happening on the Sunday shows. The Drive-By Media… Let me set this up by pointing out the economy is roaring. The economy is doing so well. African-American approval for President Trump is like 40%.

I mean, if that’s accurate, and if African-Americans are gonna vote for people associated with Trump on that basis, then, I mean, that’s a real problem for the Democrats. We know that African-American unemployment is at a record low as well, at around I think was 4.4%. So the economy is going great. Wages have gone up by 3.1%. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Unemployment, we have more job openings than there are people to fill them! So you couple that rising employment, rising wages, productivity is off the charts, jobs that Barack Obama said were never coming back have come back.

Manufacturing jobs because of policies implemented by Donald Trump. And it’s these policies the Democrats want to erase. The Democrats want to erase the tax cut. They want Medicare for all. They want to grow government. They want to establish as the premise that government is the focal point of everybody’s life, that government is where you go if you need anything. Government’s where you go if you want anything, including your enemies punished. And the economy’s doing really, really good.

So good that the Drive-Bys have been ignoring it, because in their world, in the world of the Washington establishment, back-pocket issues have been the sole determinant in who wins elections, especially in presidential election years, which this one is not. But if the economy is kicking butt and if it’s going great gangbusters, the party out of power has traditionally had something practically impossible to overcome what’s fascinating is that the Drive-Bys have been ignoring the economy.

They’ve been downplaying it. They have been acting like it’s not really that good, it’s… Kamala Harris, who’s one of the supposed dream presidential candidates for the Democrats went out to Iowa last week, and she said, “Don’t be fooled by any of this. The economy’s not that great. The only reason things look this good is ’cause everybody’s having to work two jobs.” Which is not true! That’s what’s not necessary anymore. A lot of people still are; don’t misunderstand. But it isn’t necessary. That’s the whole point of this.

And yet she’s downplaying it. No big deal. The Drive-Bys have been trying to downplay it because they think it’s such an important factor. They think it would be such a boon to Trump and the Republicans that the economy’s doing well. They would look at it as a huge obstacle for their buddies, the Democrats, to overcome. So they have been ignoring it. Until this past weekend. Mike, I’m gonna switch up on you here. I need to find a sound bite here.

I’m looking for Jake Tapper and what’s his name, Tom Perez. I put that aside somewhere. Yeah. Let’s see. That would be No. 20. This will be the prelude. This was Sunday morning on State of the Union. Jake Tapper, the host, is talking to Tom Perez who is the chairman of the Democrat National Committee, and… Wait. No. This is not the one. I guess it’s 21. Let me see if I can find 21 real quick. I’ve got my whole… Here it is, No. 21. This is not the one I’m looking for.

What happened was that Tom Perez started talking about how, “It’s no big deal this economy. This economy you…” Jake Tapper took him to task on it. Let me see if I do have it here. Jake Tapper… (interruption) What was that? (interruption) No we don’t have it. Jake Tapper started laying into Perez. “You can’t… You…” He didn’t let him get away with it. He didn’t let him get away with running down the economy.

I said, “Whoa. Something’s up here,” and something indeed was up. The Drive-Bys have all of a sudden decided to start praising the economy. Here we have a montage. We’re starting here with audio sound bite No. 4. And we have here a series of bites where the Drive-Bys in the media are praising the economy and asking why Trump isn’t focusing on it.

JONATHAN KARL: With a president presiding over an economy as good as this one, you would expect there to be almost a morning in America message, stay the course, the economy’s booming, let’s keep with this.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Is it wise to be focusing on this when you’ve got an economy going gangbusters?

CHRIS WALLACE: Why aren’t Republicans driving home the message on the economy?

JUAN WILLIAMS: The economy is doing fairly well, why wouldn’t Republicans be running on it?

CHUCK TODD: Why he doesn’t talk about the economy.

KASIE HUNT: They wanted to talk about jobs and the economy. And every Republican candidate I talked to.

JAKE TAPPER: The economy is booming. Unemployment is at a 49-year low. Annual wage growth topped 3% for the first time since 2009. But — and you knew there was a but — the president’s closing message is not on that.

JOHN DICKERSON: If we focus on the James Carville maxim, “It’s the economy, stupid,” the economy is strong. Why should people want to change course?

RUSH: I cannot tell you, I cannot overemphasize how incredible this is. They have been avoiding talk like this for a year! They have been making it a point to not talk about the economy this way. In fact, they’ve done their best to downplay the economy roaring along. And these people — by the way, this was media-wide. This was ABC, Fox News, NBC, CNN, and CBS. There was a coordinated effort all throughout the Sunday shows to start touting the economy while asking why Trump isn’t.

Why isn’t Trump touting the economy? Do you realize what genius this may well be? Trump has been touting the economy. If you listen to his rallies, which apparently these people don’t. At every Trump rally, he extols imprecise improvements of the economy. And he explains why, not just that his administration deserves credit; he gives the policy reasons for unemployment falling, wages increasing, new jobs coming back, businesses expanding.

He gives you the things his administration has done policy-wise that have made all this happen. And yet here they are all over the Sunday shows yesterday complaining Trump isn’t talking about it. In the process, they are. Can you imagine if you’re a steady viewer of the Drive-By Media and for a year you haven’t heard one virtue from them about the U.S. economy. If anything, you’ve heard it sort of ignored or maybe talked down.

And then all of a sudden the Sunday before the election the Drive-By Media is singing the praises of the economy like nobody has been. How about Jake Tapper here? Unemployment 49-year low, annual wage growth topped 3% the first time since 2009. The president isn’t talking about it! (But he is.) What’s the real point here? Well, I’ll tell you here in just a minute. Here’s the next bite. This is Tom Brokaw. He’s worried the economy is humming. (interruption) Yeah, recue that. He’s worry the economy is humming and you can’t discount that. He’s very, very worried about this.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/11/05/trump-manipulates-media-into-touting-the-economy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Rush: Trump Manipulates Media into Touting the Economy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:57:50 pm »
Contrasting what Trump has brought to the economy versus what Carter and Obama wrought should have been a wall to wall mantra in this campaign.  Would have drowned out the "Pre-existing Condition" Gobblely - Goop 10 Fold.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 09:02:00 pm »
The immigration issue is what won Trump the election and it's what will get him reelected in 2020. I opted out of the 2016 general election, but if he keeps fighting this immigration battle tooth and nail I will probably vote for him in 2020. Those of you that know me and have seen my positions over the years should understand the significance of somebody like me being willing to vote for Trump. Y'all can murder them with this issue if you play your hand right.

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 09:17:00 pm »
Trump’s no genius. He just has well honed negotiating skills and the willingness to work hard and a deep rooted drive to win. Other than that, he’s just like you and me.  rrthree