Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz closes campaign with a flurry of attacks on Beto O’Rourke  (Read 3384 times)

Online HoustonSam

• old times there are not forgotten
Re: Sen. Ted Cruz closes campaign with a flurry of attacks on Beto O’Rourke
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »
Would that it were so.
Have you looked at the differences/improvements to NAFTA?

He fluffed it up, and gave unions a foothold in Mexico... whoopee. more winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

I didn't mean to assert that he's done a good job here; the honest truth is I'm not following those details closely enough to have an informed opinion.  I'm just saying that I'm open to the idea that existing trade agreements might be disadvantageous to the US and some better "deal-making" might be helpful.

In spite of Trump's much-hyped prowess for dealing, I've never seen anything that suggested he was actually good at it.
James 1:20

Silver Pines

« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »

Here's the audio of Dana Loesch on the Texas election--starts at 40:08.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/10614200/dana110718-pod-full

Online IsailedawayfromFR

• Sept 11 2001 or March 6 1836
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »
No, I attribute Senators with way too much power though.
Individually, they do not have much power. They are hired to give opinions, which, in the case of someone like Ted Kennedy, can be wrong 99% of the time.

Their main power is when the vote in tandem with others of like mind.
Yearning to stay free takes place in many ways at many different times, whether by withstanding planes or bayonets

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
Considering that Beto is just another radical open borders leftist... all in for impeaching Trump.... yeah.  He would have been a disaster for Texas and for Trump.  He would have been leading the way for RINOs like Collins & Murkowski to jump ship and vote against the Republican agenda.  Does that answer your question?
See http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,338855.msg1841974.html#msg1841974

As I said, a Senator's power individually is weak, but comes from voting in concert with others of like mind.

Since Beto would be in a minority position, it is not much power to have had by serving in the Senate.

As far as Collins and Murkowski, these RINOs will do what they wish regardless of whether Beto is a Senator or not.

Right now with the Kavanaugh vote, I would not place Collins in the same category as Murkowski.  Collins came through while the other witch decided to burn some more broth for the stew she foments.
Yearning to stay free takes place in many ways at many different times, whether by withstanding planes or bayonets

Online XenaLee

• “We’ll save a lot. We don’t care.”
  • "There is no Chaos, only great Energy!"
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2018, 05:56:49 PM »
See http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,338855.msg1841974.html#msg1841974

As I said, a Senator's power individually is weak, but comes from voting in concert with others of like mind.

Since Beto would be in a minority position, it is not much power to have had by serving in the Senate.

As far as Collins and Murkowski, these RINOs will do what they wish regardless of whether Beto is a Senator or not.

Right now with the Kavanaugh vote, I would not place Collins in the same category as Murkowski.  Collins came through while the other witch decided to burn some more broth for the stew she foments.

Valid point... except.... I wouldn't count on Collins to continue to "come through" on other issues, just because she got it right on Kavanaugh.  JS.....
Time for unity in America! (better late than never)

Offline Sanguine

« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2018, 06:05:05 PM »
Individually, they do not have much power. They are hired to give opinions, which, in the case of someone like Ted Kennedy, can be wrong 99% of the time.

Their main power is when the vote in tandem with others of like mind.

I'm not sure what your point is.  Individually, they have much more power than you or I do.
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

But the noble make noble plans, and by noble deeds they stand.

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2018, 06:56:55 PM »
Valid point... except.... I wouldn't count on Collins to continue to "come through" on other issues, just because she got it right on Kavanaugh.  JS.....
I agree.  She is still a suspicious individual.

Thankfully with a bigger majority her power is diminished somewhat.

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2018, 06:58:42 PM »
I'm not sure what your point is.  Individually, they have much more power than you or I do.
Sure they do.

But none can make law by themselves as it takes the body of the Senate to do so.

The point is One individual within the body cannot do much by themselves.

Online corbe

• Cruz plant all along
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
   400,000 Texans voted for Abbott and not Cruz. 
   Just hard for me to wrap my head around that, as to why???
No government in the 6,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2018, 09:18:21 PM »

You know why.
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Online corbe

• Cruz plant all along
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2018, 09:23:33 PM »
   I have my suspicions @Sanguine but I don't feel like whacking that Hornets nest.
No government in the 6,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2018, 09:27:19 PM »
   I have my suspicions @Sanguine but I don't feel like whacking that Hornets nest.

"Lying Ted" is why.

Offline Sanguine

« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »
"Lying Ted" is why.

That would be my guess.
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2018, 09:40:18 PM »

Because Beto is just "dreamy".

Online corbe

• Cruz plant all along
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2018, 09:45:51 PM »

Doesn't appear that Cruz had any help from McConnell's NRSC. 

Contributions for 2018.

Name                    Office             Total Contributions
Strange, Luther      (R-AL) Senate               $48,400
Flake, Jeff              (R-AZ) Senate                $47,650
Heller, Dean           (R-NV) Senate                $47,400
Hyde-Smith, Cindy  (R-MS) Senate                $47,400

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/recips.php?id=D000036122&chamber=S&party=R&cycle=2018&state=&sort=A

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »
And 350,000 more voted for the elected Dem Senator from Arizona than voted for the Republican. 

In a smaller state, that is even more an issue, especially since the victor is someone who hates the citizens of Arizona, and it is the first Dem elected there in 30 years.

Go figure that one out.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/how_could_arizona_elect_someone_like_kyrsten_sinema.html

Silver Pines

« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2018, 09:35:40 AM »

@XenaLee

I’m still shocked she went the right way on that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »
That would be my guess.

@Sanguine

Which proves there’s a lot of people who can’t think for themselves.

Offline Sanguine

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2018, 09:50:39 AM »
@Sanguine

Which proves there’s a lot of people who can’t think for themselves.

But, it is very difficult, @CatherineofAragon.  I work hard to be accurate and get the best understanding of what is going on in our world, but I'm sure I've got a lot of it wrong. Bad information and frequently there is no way to tell what is good information and what is bad.   Not excusing Trump, who had the information to know whether his claims were true or false, and he went with the false anyway.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:51:35 AM by Sanguine »
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
But, it is very difficult, @CatherineofAragonI work hard to be accurate and get the best understanding of what is going on in our world, but I'm sure I've got a lot of it wrong. Bad information and frequently there is no way to tell what is good information and what is bad.   Not excusing Trump, who had the information to know whether his claims were true or false, and he went with the false anyway.
And that is why you are a solid choice to run for political office someday.  You have a conscience.

Silver Pines

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2018, 10:08:34 AM »
But, it is very difficult, @CatherineofAragon.  I work hard to be accurate and get the best understanding of what is going on in our world, but I'm sure I've got a lot of it wrong. Bad information and frequently there is no way to tell what is good information and what is bad.   Not excusing Trump, who had the information to know whether his claims were true or false, and he went with the false anyway.

@Sanguine

Yep, no argument there.

Trump’s very good at putting out a message that will sell.  Not everyone follows the campaigns like we do;  when it’s time to vote, they go with the current argument that makes sense or “feels” right.  Trump knew there was a (wrong) perception of Cruz floating around; and he exploited it. 

Online XenaLee

• “We’ll save a lot. We don’t care.”
  • "There is no Chaos, only great Energy!"
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2018, 12:52:47 PM »
@XenaLee

I’m still shocked she went the right way on that.

It kind of makes you wonder... doesn't it.  Was/is Kavanaugh the guy we think he is... really?  Does she know something we don't?  Or is it that 'even a stopped watch' factor....?  My curious side thinks about that a lot any or every time someone like her votes our way on someone we believe supports our agenda. 
Time for unity in America! (better late than never)

Offline Sanguine

« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2018, 06:37:59 PM »
And that is why you are a solid choice to run for political office someday.  You have a conscience.

Very nice of you to say and that is something I have considered.  But, I'm pretty sure that I don't want to in the toxic environment that we now have.
Cui bono?

Walk in Wisdom

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • International Cracker of Wise
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2018, 08:59:39 PM »
Very nice of you to say and that is something I have considered.  But, I'm pretty sure that I don't want to in the toxic environment that we now have.

Uh, yeah.  I'd have to be called for that job.   With a butterfly net.
I will NOT comply.
Thanks to Cripplecreek and Oceander for the medal!      

Online Frank Cannon

• Forum Ambassador
  • Ambassador of the Forum
    • Bum Wine
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »

@Sanguine  If the finest poster who ever blessed us at TBR runs for something I will move to East Bumble-eff TX and vote for you......or I'll at least hire a bunch of illegals from Austin to do it for me.
Two Liters Is A Soft Drink, Not An Engine Size.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf