Author Topic: The Five Most Triggering Halloween Costumes of 2018  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The Five Most Triggering Halloween Costumes of 2018
« on: October 31, 2018, 06:17:55 pm »
Just trying to keep everyone out of trouble.

With Halloween nearly upon us, it's time again to talk about costume do's and don'ts. It is imperative that Americans heed the whims of the SJW community while celebrating this festive fall holiday or risk suffering the social embarrassment of committing a politically incorrect costume faux pas.

Good Housekeeping compiled a list of fifteen problematic costumes that they say are not funny and you should never, ever wear.

A few of the costumes on their list really are wildly inappropriate and not funny -- like the burning Twin Towers costume, the "Anne Frank" costume, "anything involving blackface," and of course anything depicting human genitalia. Also, dressing up as dead celebrity zombies is apparently a thing -- and that is gross and very wrong. (Remember when Bill Maher dressed up as Steve Irwin, complete with a bloody stingray barb hanging out of his chest for Halloween 2006, less than two months after Irwin's death? Yeah, that was truly depraved). I've not included these on the list because I know most of us would never consider wearing these truly offensive and obscene costumes.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/the-five-most-triggering-halloween-costumes-of-2018/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Five Most Triggering Halloween Costumes of 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 06:20:16 pm »
And, in the same vein:

MSU FLOWCHART helps students decide if costumes are 'racist'

A Michigan State University department debuted Halloween posters titled, “A Culture is not a Costume" and included a guide called, “Is Your Halloween Costume Racist?”

MSU’s Residence Hospitality and Services department featured the signs, which included a heavily detailed “Cultural Appropriation vs Appreciation” section, as spotted by Campus Reform.

“The cultural appropriation notion is problematic. In discussion with other peers, we found everyone has different definitions of cultural appropriation.” 

The boards are found throughout many of the university’s dorms. One poster brands the addition of a sombrero to a taco costume as “racist.”

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11462

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 06:49:58 pm »
"Tranny Granny?"  Damn, and I just bought one for tonight.  What'll I do?  Maybe I can add a false mustachio?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 07:40:48 pm »
My son wanted to be a robot (again), which I'm sure is not allowed since he's a boy and the new thing now is that girls must be pushed into STEM stuff to the exclusion of boys.

https://www.seminolebusiness.org/news/details/steam-pilot-program-kicks-off-at-the-library-with-stem-mentoring-for-girls

Etc.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 07:53:20 pm »
I was going to dress up as Megyn Kelly in blackface....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 08:07:58 pm »
My son wanted to be a robot (again), which I'm sure is not allowed since he's a boy and the new thing now is that girls must be pushed into STEM stuff to the exclusion of boys.

https://www.seminolebusiness.org/news/details/steam-pilot-program-kicks-off-at-the-library-with-stem-mentoring-for-girls

Etc.

Go for the robot.  Don't ruin the boy with a tutu.  As for getting rooked out of a STEM "girl thing," he'll learn more than a 10-week program just by hanging around his Mommy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 08:25:15 pm »
Go for the robot.  Don't ruin the boy with a tutu.  As for getting rooked out of a STEM "girl thing," he'll learn more than a 10-week program just by hanging around his Mommy.

LOL  Like I care what anyone else says I can or can't do for Halloween or any other thing.  We totally did robot again.  I'll post pictures later if I can.  Last time he was a robot daddy made the costume.  This year I made it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 08:46:52 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 02:35:50 am »

Truly, top notch.   :laugh:

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 01:59:46 pm »

Etc.

My grandson's school received money for a STEM program for girls.  They included my grandson because his grades for science were always 100%.  His comment about the program was "it's baby stuff".  Over time, most of the girls dropped out and more boys were included.

Why is the educational system always trying to force kids into some mold other than what they are?  A wise lady once told me that a parents job is to make the most of what your child is not to change that child into something different.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 03:59:53 pm »
 I wore the scariest costume I could come up with for Halloween............White Male! Of course there is one costume even scarier I sometimes go out in...........old man in a hat driving.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 04:03:25 pm »
I wore the scariest costume I could come up with for Halloween............White Male! Of course there is one costume even scarier I sometimes go out in...........old man in a hat driving.

:scared smiley: