Author Topic: Rush: Trump Takes Aim at Birthright Citizenship  (Read 798 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Trump Takes Aim at Birthright Citizenship
« on: October 30, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »

Trump Takes Aim at Birthright Citizenship

Oct 30, 2018

RUSH: Man, this is great, what Trump is doing on birthright citizenship. Oh! This is exactly why Trump was elected, as my good friend Andy McCarthy said, “You’ve gotta have somebody that’s willing to break the furniture. You have to have somebody willing to turn things upside down if you’re actually going to get things done,” and the left is beside itself today. CNBC’s headline: “Trump’s Attack on Birthright Citizenship Is His Latest Attempt to Rile up the GOP Base.”

Everybody is saying, “He can’t do that! That’s the 14th Amendment. You can’t universally — with an executive order — reverse the 14th Amendment.” We want to discuss how maybe he can. He’ll again run into activist judges that will turn him down here, but the point is that you need somebody like Donald Trump that’s… The 14th Amendment is what grants citizenship to anybody born in America, and it was intended… It goes back to the 1800s.

It was intended to grant citizenship to slaves and their descendants. How do you think modern African-Americans today would feel that the 14th Amendment — which was used to grant citizenship to the slaves and their descendants — is now being used to grant citizenship to anybody gets into the country just for the purposes of giving birth here? So this is something that’s long been thought to be untouchable.

Trump is saying, “Look, I think I can fix this with an executive order,” and the reason he thinks so is because the Constitution is the final word, folks. The Constitution will actually trump acts of Congress — statutory, legislative acts of Congress. If they pass something unconstitutional, the Constitution survives. If the case can be made — and people believe that it can be — that the 14th Amendment was never intended to grant birthright citizenship to illegal immigrants who are under the jurisdiction of another country, then Trump can do it.

But, as I say, he’s gonna run into a buzz saw with a bunch of activist judges who will shut this down before the end of the day if he actually tries it. But the point is, it needs to be addressed. Every effort that Trump has made to fix this problem has been met with opposition everywhere, and yet we have another caravan — this time, people loaded with guns and bombs now that are headed across southern Mexico with their intention to get to the United States.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/10/30/trump-takes-aim-at-birthright-citizenship/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Rush: Trump Takes Aim at Birthright Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 06:36:26 pm »
I listened to his comments live. Maha Rushbo  333cleo continues to do us proud.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 06:44:49 pm »
It is brilliant politics, no doubt.   And who knows,  it all turns on the interpretation of a clause in the 14th amendment regarding the children of persons "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States.   If Congress can interpret what that means, then I suppose so can the President.   And by doing so,  the process will begin to force the SCOTUS to decide whether a pregnant Mexican citizen is "subject" to our "jurisdiction" - rather than Mexico's - just because she happens to be on our soil illegally when birth arrives.   
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:49:07 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 06:51:10 pm »
It is brilliant politics, no doubt.   And who knows,  it all turns on the interpretation of a clause in the 14th amendment regarding the children of persons within the jurisdiction of the United States.   If Congress can interpret what that means, then I suppose so can the President.   And by doing so,  the process will begin to force the SCOTUS to decide whether a pregnant Mexican citizen here illegally is encompassed within our "jurisdiction" just because she happens to be in our soil when birth arrives.   

Not within US jurisdiction, but subject to US jurisdiction. IMO temporary vacationers and most definitely illegals are not. But that’s just MO.