Author Topic: The First Americans  (Read 455 times)

rangerrebew

The First Americans
« on: October 30, 2018, 03:14:57 pm »

The First Americans
By James Kensington Wed, Sep 5, 2012 

New findings are pushing back the clock and changing current thinking about the people who first inhabited the Americas.

Few had ever heard of the little town of Buttermilk Creek, Texas, until it was placed on the map in early 2011 when Texas A&M University anthropologist Michael Waters made his public announcement. He and a team of archaeologists, researchers, students and volunteers had been painstakingly excavating at an archaeological site, known as the Debra L. Firiedkin site, for years. What they discovered there had generated excitement in the world of American archaeology.

Totaling 15,528 artifacts, the Buttermilk Creek Complex, as researchers are now calling the assemblage, contained evidence of small blades, choppers and scrapers, implements made by people who had long departed the scene, long before any notion in the minds of the early European explorers that anyone had ever inhabited the North American continent.

https://popular-archaeology.com/article/the-first-americans/

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: The First Americans
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 03:27:25 pm »
They were killing each other long before we got here. We just won. My family has been here for centuries. I am a native American.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates