Author Topic: Why Barry Goldwater's granddaughter wants to share his photography with the world  (Read 518 times)

rangerrebew

Why Barry Goldwater's granddaughter wants to share his photography with the world

Barry Goldwater was a prolific photographer who left behind 15,000 images. Now his granddaughter hopes to digitize and make them accessible.

John D'Anna, Arizona Republic

Published 6:00 a.m. MT Oct. 28, 2018

My photography has taken me over, literally, every mile of the Southwest, over both poles and every major country on the globe. But it is to Arizona that I turn for my inspiration and what I think has been my best work. — Barry Goldwater. 

When he was a young boy, Barry Goldwater's mother would take him and his brother and sister camping in the Arizona wilderness, where they learned to appreciate the rugged beauty of the brand new state while their father tended the family business.

Munjie, as the children called her, taught them to shoot, fish, solve problems, become self-reliant and embrace their pioneer roots in the great outdoors.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-best-reads/2018/10/28/republican-barry-goldwater-arizona-photography-love-environment/1670423002/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Beautiful photos.  Better than Curtis, IMHO.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Barry's first love was photography, and he considered AZ one of the best subjects. 

I found his last request compelling:  "Don't name anything after me."   The Barry Goldwater Gunnery Range was named years before he passed, so it's the only thing around here named after him.  Sky Harbor airport tried to name a Terminal for him, but the hue and cry (from Republicans) was instant and they took it off in less than a week.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: