Author Topic: Never Satisfied: Now GLAAD Wants 10% Of Characters On TV To Be LGBT  (Read 987 times)

Offline endicom

Daily Wire
Paul Bois
Oct. 26, 2018

When will GLAAD ever be satisfied? Following a report showing that broadcast TV has a record number of LGBT characters, the formerly named Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) is still saying Hollywood needs to do better.

Though the study released on Thursday showed that 8.8% of characters on TV are LGBT, a full 4 points above the 4.5% of LGBT individuals in the U.S. population, GLAAD demands that Hollywood up that number to as high as 10% by 2020.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, GLAAD president Sarah Kate Ellis met with several industry insiders to discuss ways for networks to further increase LGBT representation on screen even though numbers show they are, in fact, quite overrepresented.

More... https://www.dailywire.com/news/37654/never-satisfied-now-glaad-wants-10-characters-tv-paul-bois

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Never Satisfied: Now GLAAD Wants 10% Of Characters On TV To Be LGBT
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:54:48 am »
GLAAD demands that Hollywood up that number to as high as 10%

Or what, exactly? How do these guys have any power to 'demand' anything? It doesn't make sense. I would just tell them to F-off and get the HELL out my office.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:55:32 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:05:30 am »
There are a lot of shows I stopped watching because of the gay story lines. Not interested.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 02:09:27 am »
There are at least 10% currently.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 02:13:19 am »
There are a lot of shows I stopped watching because of the gay story lines. Not interested.

I stopped watching television before this business started. If I were watching television then I'm sure I'd be annoyed by the browbeating. I'm surprised that there's much of an audience left to keep the networks going.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 02:40:48 am »
Once again the homosexuals prove without doubt that they are much more concerned with what we do, than we are concerned about what they do. 99% of straight people just wish the Gays would go away. I absolutely do not care what they are doing, just keep it away from me. I won't shove a vagina in your face, if you don't shove your male on male butt-sex in my face. Deal?

I don't like shows with a gay theme because I cannot relate to it. The same as I don't watch South Korean television because I don't relate to it. The networks can make as many homosexual themed shows as they want to. I don't care. I've got a thousand channels to choose from and don't need any evening after dinner indoctrination.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.