Author Topic: President Trump Addresses the Young Black Leadership Summit - Oct. 26, 2018  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump Addresses the Young Black Leadership Summit (At the White House) - Oct. 26, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qIpbSKV7HI

! No longer available

Pretty enthusiastic crown.   happy77

At the White House As Trump Addresses the Bomber
Powerline,  Oct 26, 2018, John Hinderaker

I am in Washington to attend Turning Point USA’s first-ever Young Black Leadership Summit. Today’s highlight was a visit to the White House, where President Trump addressed the group in the East Room. We arrived at the East Entrance to the White House around 9:30, started going through security at 10:00, and were in the White House proper by 10:30 or so.

The event was scheduled to begin at 11:00; in the meantime there was plenty of food:

At 11:30, Ben Carson warmed up the audience for the president. This is what a portion of the crowd in the East Room looked like as we waited for President Trump to appear. There were lots of MAGA hats in evidence, many of which Trump signed when his speech was over:

[...]

Trump got a rapturous reception from the Turning Point audience, which sometimes bordered on the rowdy, to the president’s evident delight. He began by acknowledging the arrest of the bombing suspect, whom he did not name. Nor did he comment on the partisan dimension of the bomb story. He praised law enforcement for speedily solving the crime and denounced political violence. He said that the Republican Party is the party of unity for all Americans.

The crowd at the Turning Point summit is the Left’s worst nightmare–hundreds of young, articulate, thoughtful African-American conservatives. We chatted with some of them, mostly students from colleges across the country–a math major from Stanford, a filmmaker from Columbia, a political science major from DePaul. They sounded like pretty much any group of conservatives at a Trump rally: “USA! USA!” “Build that wall!” “Trump! Trump!” In short, it was fun.

This is the first couple of minutes when Trump emerges to shouts of “USA!” and begins his speech by talking about the bomber:

More:  https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/10/at-the-white-house-as-trump-addresses-the-bomber.php

White House Black Leadership Event Turns Into Mini-Trump Rally
Roll Call, Oct 26, 2018, John T. Bennett

A large group of young African-American leaders gathered Friday in the East Room of the White House to hear from President Donald Trump, and they were treated to a campaign rally in miniature.

If White House observers closed their eyes around midday, the president could have been speaking to supporters inside an airport hangar in Wisconsin or a basketball arena in Texas or a 63-year-old minor league hockey arena in North Carolina.

Trump touted his polls numbers. He boasted about the state of the U.S. economy under his watch. He also thanked rapper Kanye West for his support.

And the crowd — in town for the Young Black Leadership Summit organized by Turning Point USA, a group for pro-Trump students — played the role typically reserved for the campaign trail, turning the East Room into a rally site with chants about Trump’s proposed southern border wall and catcalls about “fake news.”

[...]

“The Democrats are very nervous. They do nothing for you, and that was supposed to be automatic,” he said, bringing back his 2016 campaign message that African-Americans had “nothing to lose” by voting for him.

Trump slammed “fake polls.” One audience member shouted, “Fake news.”

“We all get attacked. … Who gets attacked more than me?” he said. “I can do the greatest thing for our country, and on the networks, it will play bad.”

“Fake news,” another audience member said before Trump suggested he should get positive media coverage after law enforcement officials arrested a 56-year-old Florida man in connection to a number of mail bombs sent to prominent Democratic officials and CNN.

More:  https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/white-house-black-leadership-event-turns-mini-trump-rally

The Conservative young leaders at the WH:

Turning Point communications director 'Candace Owens' said,...
'For the first time ever, I was too choked up to speak on stage tonight.'..... .....'It’s beautiful. It’s raw.... It’s free!!!'

The student organization “Turning Point USA” is sponsoring this conference, ‘its first’,.... which intended to inform young, black conservatives in Washington. Trump has signaled his support of the organization in the past.

Donald Trump Jr., HUD Director Ben Carson and conservative commentator Stacey Dash spoke at a summit event on Thursday at the Hyatt.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:19:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

President Trump Addresses the Young Black Leadership Summit (At the White House) - Oct. 26, 2018

Thanx for posting this.  Great message from the President.  I hope he continues to do this until he is impeached.

Thanx for posting this.  Great message from the President.  I hope he continues to do this until he is impeached.

Aww, I forget how short your attention span is .... but at least try and watch the video.  It just might help inform you.

My fingers are crossed for you, dear.  Good luck.

BTW, Sponsors for this group also include ‘The Heritage Foundation’ & ‘Liberty University’......

Offline aligncare

Something really positive is going on here – posted over 4 hours ago. I would have hoped for a larger rush of members coming here to commend the president. I believe this is a first for any republican president to gather such a group of young black conservative Americans to the White House.

I guess folks are busy somewhere criticizing Trump when he displeases them.

I’m sure they’ll be along any minute to praise him when it pleases them.

Offline Suppressed

Some of us are disturbed by segregating leaders by race.  Why is there a need for a black-only event?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Black Student Yells ‘I’m Off The Plantation!’ At Don Jr. During Turning Point USA Summit
The Daily Caller, Oct 26, 2018, Benny Johnson

The summit featured hundreds of young black conservative students from across the country who gathered to hear from conservative black leaders, members of the administration, President Trump and his family.

Don Jr. opened up the event with a speech about the president’s accomplishments for all Americans, including black Americans.

The spirited speech was punctuated with calls from the audience to Trump. Don Jr.’s speech was often interrupted with chants of “USA! USA! USA!” and calls to “build the wall.”

Trump was describing historically low unemployment for the black community under his father’s administration when one of the students yelled, “I’m off the plantation!”

The room erupted. Not a typical scene from a GOP event:  WATCH:   [...]

More:  https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/26/im-off-the-plantation-at-don-jr/

Offline aligncare

And folks keep trying to tell me it was an embarrassment and a mistake to have Kanye West ova t’da hous(!)

Trump is transforming America under the very noses of his blinded republican critics. It’s a shame NeverTrumpers will never know the fun we supporters of the president are having and the pride we feel in the great things President Trump is accomplishing.

NeverTrumpers

And folks keep trying to tell me it was an embarrassment and a mistake to have Kanye West ova t’da hous(!)

Trump is transforming America under the very noses of his blinded republican critics. It’s a shame NeverTrumpers will never know the fun we supporters of the president are having and the pride we feel in the great things President Trump is accomplishing.

NeverTrumpers

:thumbsup: