Author Topic: Student editorial board: Affirmative action shouldn’t benefit white, rural students so much  (Read 414 times)

rangerrebew

Student editorial board: Affirmative action shouldn’t benefit white, rural students so much
Daniel Payne - Assistant Editor •October 25, 2018

‘Students deserve better than that’

The editorial board of a prominent university student newspaper is calling for a reduction in a particular type of affirmative action at that school, stating that the university’s policies currently unfairly benefit “white students from rural states.”

In its column, the editorial board of The Harvard Crimson takes issue with the fact that Harvard University “sends interest letters to students from rural ‘sparse country’ with PSAT scores lower than the usual threshold to receive such letters.”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/student-editorial-board-affirmative-action-shouldnt-benefit-white-rural-students-so-much/

Offline mountaineer

Howie Carr: Straight path into Harvard
Just tell ’em you’re, uh, ‘grappling’
Howie Carr Tuesday, October 30, 2018

I have cracked the code — I now know how poor whites and Asians with perfect SAT scores can prevail over the academic apartheid that is the Harvard admissions scam.

It’s all laid out right there in Harvard’s own filings in the ongoing lawsuit against its systemic racism in federal court here in Boston.

These are the four words that all my non-rich white and Asian brothers must henceforward employ if we are to enjoy the same free ride in life as the entitled scions of the over-privileged economic and racial castes:  “Grappling with sexual identity.”  ...

You can’t make your family rich, or black, or Hispanic, but you can claim that you may be gay. It’s better than the race card. Don’t leave high school without it.  ...   Rest of article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org