Author Topic: Croatian Anti-Abortionists Criticised for Hospital ‘Prayer Rallies’  (Read 1495 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Croatian Anti-Abortionists Criticised for Hospital ‘Prayer Rallies’
Anja Vladisavljevic

Pro-choice politicians and activists have criticised anti-abortion movement members for gathering to pray outside hospitals, as Croatian lawmakers prepare to rewrite abortion legislation.

Pro-choice politicians and activists have criticised anti-abortionists for their tactic of gathering to pray outside hospitals across the country to discourage women seeking terminations.

Marinella Matejcic from Platform for Reproductive Rights told BIRN on Wednesday that the recently-launched ‘40 Days of Life’ campaign by anti-abortion activists is intended to increase the stigmatisation of abortion, which is legal under Croatian law.

Read more at: http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/croatian-politicians-and-activists-urging-to-remove-anti-abortion-activists-from-outside-hospitals-10-24-2018

I think that '40 days of life' was started by Abbe Johnson OR acquaintances of her in Texas. I think I get mailers from them. Anyway, if one reads the article, Yes, it would be going to far to tell people not to pray near an abortion clinic but hopefully, the good side will overcome.

Croatia is a former Communist country. So, though, I don't know the stats on Croatia, some of the Communist countries had the highest rates of abortion.  That said, Croatia was probably a bit outside of the sphere of influence of the old Soviet Union.