Author Topic: Rush: Governor Kasich’s Caravan Guilt Trip  (Read 544 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Governor Kasich’s Caravan Guilt Trip
« on: October 25, 2018, 07:43:45 pm »

Governor Kasich’s Caravan Guilt Trip

Oct 25, 2018

RUSH: I switched over to CNN, and I caught the governor of Ohio there, John Kasich, and he is being interviewed by… I don’t know who the reporter was at CNN. Doesn’t matter. Being interested by the caravan and America and how to deal with it. I just… I just want you to hear this. We have two bites. Here’s No. 1.

KASICH: We have a caravan coming north. We don’t want all those people coming across our border. And there are ways to deal with it. I believe that if we would check those who are legitimately in need of asylum could be vetted before they even get to the bored. But, you know what? We’re born America. You know how lucky we are to be born in America and not be born in Guatemala, where they would say to your daughter, you know, if you don’t do what we want, we will rape your daughter or we will kill your son if he’s not a drug mule? Now, they’re marching north. And, you know what? It could easily have been all of us, that we’re in the caravan, that we’re marching north, trying to save our families and save our children.

RUSH: All right. So what is… The ruse here, or the technique here,  is moral equivalence. There but for the grace of God go I. Phil Donahue used to do this all the time, Phil Donahue would host his show and when the subject of illegal immigration would come up, he’d start preaching about the accident of his birth. “You know, I was born just a few miles inside the U.S. border, and look the difference it’s made for me.”

And he started extolling the guilt that he felt over how the accident of his birth resulted in him being an American and how basically unfair that was to other people in the world. As though being born into a country of prosperity and decency is something to feel guilty about. And it may be something to feel very grateful for. I have no quarrel with that. But it’s how you deal with this that matters. We simply can’t take in everybody in the world.

The answer, the solution is to spread our area of dominant influence and to get rid of tyrannical regimes and dictatorships which treat their people like dirt and condemn that and do our best to spread our way of life around under the belief that it’s good and decent. But there are way too many people don’t think that we’re the good guys and they think that the American way of life is an imposition to others! And that we don’t have the right to impose our views on people!

But somehow we ought to stand aside and let everybody who wants in, in because of our guilt. And he says, “You know, they’re marching north. It could easily have been all of us, that we’re in the caravan, that we’re marching north trying to save our families and save our children.” But it isn’t. You know, you can deal with what-ifs and could-bes and all of that, but it isn’t, unless you’re trying to accomplish something else. So here’s Governor Kasich now continuing his thought.

KASICH: We got to start putting ourselves in the shoes of other people. We’ve got to start thinking about the consequences that others suffer. And if we’ve been spared those by the grace of God, let us be appreciative, let us count our blessings and let us reach out to those who have less and let’s stop putting up walls around ourselves and not understanding the plight, the trouble, and the problems of others. It is not right, and the Lord doesn’t want it, and our people at their hearts want to reach out to others. Look at what they do in these storms. They go and they rescue people they don’t know. They put ’em in their homes. They feed ’em. That’s America! Not all this garbage and this division and yelling and screaming and hatred on all sides.

RUSH: So mad, man, something is really gotten to Governor Kasich here! Let us be appreciative. Let us count our blessings. Let us reach out to those who have less. Let’s stop putting up walls around ourselves. The Lord doesn’t want it. It’s not right. Look at what people do in storms. They go and it had the rescue people they don’t… Yes, we do! We go to storm desolated places and we help them recover there.

We do more than any other nation in the world in terms of compassion, aid, welfare, disaster relief, you name it, and it still isn’t enough! This is the point! It still isn’t enough! No matter what we do, it isn’t enough. And now the accident of our birth and the unfair advantages that gives us require that we, what? Take care of them, let them in. There have to be limits on these things. And it all circles back, whether you want to admit it or not or acknowledge it or not, self-reliance.

And there is this assumption that while we are able to engage in self-reliance and responsibility, a lot of people aren’t. Therefore, we have to do it for them. It’s good education. It’s not good role modeling and certainly not good leading. But the overall effort to make the caravan appear to be our fault, to make poverty and destitution around the world our fault when we do more to alleviate it than anybody in the world ever has or ever will.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/10/25/governor-kasichs-caravan-guilt-trip/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Rush: Governor Kasich’s Caravan Guilt Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 08:40:32 pm »
Kasich remains politically "ambitious"

He thinks there is a market for his "brand."

If so, it is not in the GOP. That train is continuing to leave the station.

If you want your old weak GOP back, that kind of politically correct, mush mouthed word salad turn to

Romney, Kristol, JebBush, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online dfwgator

Re: Rush: Governor Kasich’s Caravan Guilt Trip
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 08:42:11 pm »
K-Suck is GOP 1.0.

The GOP has upgraded to version 2.0.