Author Topic: Grassley Grinds Air Force Over $1200 Coffee Cups  (Read 649 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Grassley Grinds Air Force Over $1200 Coffee Cups
« on: October 25, 2018, 04:01:30 am »
zerohedge
Tyler Durden 10/24/2018

[excerpt]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-23/congressional-deficit-hawk-demands-answers-over-1200-cup-coffee

Last summer we called attention to the Air Force's $1200 cup of coffee  — or more precisely the $1220 coffee cup which keeps breaking, after which the military simply buys more and more cups. At the time the outrageously expensive coffee cup made headlines as yet another example of government waste and abuse, especially because the public has had to foot the bill to the tune hundreds of thousands of dollars in less than three years just to replace the cups merely due to its faulty plastic handle.

But one Congressional deficit hawk is not letting the issue go. Military Times reports of Sen. Chuck Grassley's continuing push for answers:

The Iowa Republican is not satisfied with the service's reasoning for why it chose to spend tens of thousands of dollars over the last three years on hot cups that can reheat beverages on refueling tankers and cargo aircraft, he said this month in a released statement.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Grassley Grinds Air Force Over $1200 Coffee Cups
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:09:52 am »
"[But] it remains unclear why it cannot find a cheaper alternative to a $1,280 cup," Grassley said further.

Silly me. I thought we solved this problem 108 years ago.....