Author Topic: Trump: 'You know what I am? I'm a nationalist'  (Read 4991 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump: 'You know what I am? I'm a nationalist'
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 04:04:38 am »
NO. THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS. The UN can ask them to be placed with a "host" country but that country can refuse.....

Resettlement

http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/resettlement.html

I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is way off the plantation. There are rules in place for this shit and they have been for a long time.

Hello.  He's already agreed to the UN placing these people.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-mexico-agree-on-plan-to-handle-migrant-caravan-from-central-america

...At the established shelters, U.N. officials will vet the refugees to decide which ones have legitimate claims for refugee status, the official told Fox News.

If a person or persons is determined to have a legitimate claim, they will undergo a U.N. process of being placed in a host country, which could ultimately be the U.S. or any other country that has an agreement with the UNHCR, the official said.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:05:10 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 04:20:31 am »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-mexico-agree-on-plan-to-handle-migrant-caravan-from-central-america

...At the established shelters, U.N. officials will vet the refugees to decide which ones have legitimate claims for refugee status, the official told Fox News.

If a person or persons is determined to have a legitimate claim, they will undergo a U.N. process of being placed in a host country, which could ultimately be the U.S. or any other country that has an agreement with the UNHCR, the official said.

Can you point out where in that Trump says he is taking in these people to the US?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 04:24:30 am »

You may be going off the deep end prematurely.  There's a LOT of wiggle room in those words.  How about we wait and see what actually happens?  Either way, there ain't shit you can do about any of it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 04:34:20 am »
Look into it. The only way they get into the country is if they can prove refugee status.

Right.  All they have to do is prove 'refugee status' to the UN, and we know what strict guidelines the UN has for 'refugees'. 

Just ask Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France & Germany about how that 'impossible hurdle' is working out for them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2018, 04:35:00 am »
Can you point out where in that Trump says he is taking in these people to the US?

The U.S. is a host country for the UNHCR; Trump has agreed to allow the UN to vet these people.

BTW, I hope I'm absolutely dead wrong.  I hope that Trump takes a firm stand on this, lines our border with troops and tells the UN that even though we are a host country, that we will NOT accept any refugees from this mob.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 04:37:35 am »
You may be going off the deep end prematurely.  There's a LOT of wiggle room in those words.  How about we wait and see what actually happens?  Either way, there ain't shit you can do about any of it.

??? We've got a mob coming at us ... perhaps they need a mob at the border telling them they aren't welcome. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 04:41:56 am »
Refugees? This crowd doesn't qualify as Refugees. Screw the UN. They have no sway over our internal laws.

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/overview-us-refugee-law-and-policy

The Definition of a “Refugee”

Under U.S. law, a “refugee” is a person who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her home country because of a “well-founded fear of persecution” due to race, membership in a particular social group, political opinion, religion, or national origin. This definition is based on the United Nations 1951 Convention and 1967 Protocols relating to the Status of Refugees, which the United States became a party to in 1968. Following the Vietnam War and the U.S. experience resettling Indochinese refugees, Congress passed the Refugee Act of 1980, which incorporated the Convention’s definition into U.S. law and provides the legal basis for today’s U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:44:12 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 04:42:12 am »
The U.S. is a host country for the UNHCR; Trump has agreed to allow the UN to vet these people.

BTW, I hope I'm absolutely dead wrong.  I hope that Trump takes a firm stand on this, lines our border with troops and tells the UN that even though we are a host country, that we will NOT accept any refugees from this mob.

I have pointed out numerous times in the official UN charter on this that a country can refuse taking the people. The UN can only ask if that country would be willing to take them. It also states that less than a percent of people applying for asylum actually get it within the parameters of the rules.

If you ask me Trump is playing this brilliantly. He is using the official rules for these matters in his favor. He is getting the Mexicans to park these people in their country while all 15K+ are investigated. That will take years. If they do not comply and keep heading to the US Donny can now say he did everything he could to resolve this through channels but unfortunately now he has to send the military to the border. It makes him look reasonable and thoughtful on the process. Be aware that sending troops to the southern border is going to be a big effing deal visually and in practice. It will be world wide news.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2018, 04:43:06 am »
Right.  All they have to do is prove 'refugee status' to the UN, and we know what strict guidelines the UN has for 'refugees'. 

Just ask Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France & Germany about how that 'impossible hurdle' is working out for them.

Exactly.  IF anything, we should have learned awhile ago by watching what happened to these countries by granting hordes of people refugee status.  This invasion is no different. Their final destination is the US period. All the have to do is tell the UN that they are in fear for their lives in their country and they cannot go back.  How is the UN going to prove that they aren't?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2018, 04:44:25 am »
??? We've got a mob coming at us ... perhaps they need a mob at the border telling them they aren't welcome.

No.

Not a mob... an invasion army.  Refugees do not carry flags of their own nations and burn the flags of those countries they seek asylum in.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 04:48:05 am »
Exactly.  IF anything, we should have learned awhile ago by watching what happened to these countries by granting hordes of people refugee status.  This invasion is no different. Their final destination is the US period. All the have to do is tell the UN that they are in fear for their lives in their country and they cannot go back.  How is the UN going to prove that they aren't?

Are you suggesting that the US *has* to do everything the UN tells them to and has no standing to say "No." to any request by the UN on this matter?  I think that is not the case.  Now, what Trump will actually do remains to be seen, but I think I won't panic until it's actually panic time, because like I said, wtf are you going to do about it either way?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2018, 04:53:36 am »
Are you suggesting that the US *has* to do everything the UN tells them to and has no standing to say "No." to any request by the UN on this matter?  I think that is not the case.  Now, what Trump will actually do remains to be seen, but I think I won't panic until it's actually panic time, because like I said, wtf are you going to do about it either way?

This is another round of Kavanaugh.

No matter what Trump does or doesn't do the Rats and their media will be all over his 'Human Rights Abuses' of "The Children'.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2018, 04:56:48 am »
I have pointed out numerous times in the official UN charter on this that a country can refuse taking the people. The UN can only ask if that country would be willing to take them. It also states that less than a percent of people applying for asylum actually get it within the parameters of the rules.

If you ask me Trump is playing this brilliantly. He is using the official rules for these matters in his favor. He is getting the Mexicans to park these people in their country while all 15K+ are investigated. That will take years. If they do not comply and keep heading to the US Donny can now say he did everything he could to resolve this through channels but unfortunately now he has to send the military to the border. It makes him look reasonable and thoughtful on the process. Be aware that sending troops to the southern border is going to be a big effing deal visually and in practice. It will be world wide news.

The official UN charter ... 1% get in?  So what happened to those stats in Germany and France?? 

The caravan has grown quite rapidly in just a short period of time.  For some, this isn't their first attempt into this country and for some the word got out and they joined in.  This obviously is a planned out concentrated effort.  No different really than the mass migration of Muslims into Europe.

IMHO the intent is to forever change the demographics of the US and to destroy our sovereignty. Keep in mind also that another caravan arrived a month or so ago...it was reported...then nothing more was reported.  If some of them didn't succeed getting in, I don't think you'd see 14,000 heading our way.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2018, 05:00:26 am »
The official UN charter ... 1% get in?  So what happened to those stats in Germany and France?? 

Germany and France are not going through any process. They are just opening their damn borders and letting them walk in and go nuts. Big difference.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2018, 05:18:34 am »

Not suggesting that at all.  I merely pointed out that Pompeo/Trump have agreed to allow the UN to process these people and that the US is a host country under the UNHCR.  With the US being a host country, the UN can place them here.  However, it has been pointed out to me that the US doesn't have to accept them. 

You are correct, we don't know what Trump is going to do.  What we do know is the agreement that he has made and so far hasn't done anything else but say what he's going to do.

As far as panic.  I'll give you the same old scenario ... if you know that some unsavory characters are headed for your home, do you sit idly by and throw up your arms and say there's nothing I can do, or do you gather some neighbors to help, lock your doors, arm yourselves, put up a barrier around your home, call in the police, etc.? 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2018, 05:24:58 am »
if you know that some unsavory characters are headed for your home, do you sit idly by and throw up your arms and say there's nothing I can do, or do you gather some neighbors to help, lock your doors, arm yourselves, put up a barrier around your home, call in the police, etc.?

You can call the police yes, but gathering neighbors, locking your doors and barricading your home after arming yourself is seen as paranoia requiring the police to take you into custody or putting you down right then and there for being a 'danger' to others.

As Obama would tell you - "That's not who we are".

"Who we are" is opening your doors wide for your stuff to be redistributed because of your privilege.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2018, 05:26:57 am »
Not suggesting that at all.  I merely pointed out that Pompeo/Trump have agreed to allow the UN to process these people and that the US is a host country under the UNHCR.  With the US being a host country, the UN can place them here.  However, it has been pointed out to me that the US doesn't have to accept them. 

You are correct, we don't know what Trump is going to do.  What we do know is the agreement that he has made and so far hasn't done anything else but say what he's going to do.

As far as panic.  I'll give you the same old scenario ... if you know that some unsavory characters are headed for your home, do you sit idly by and throw up your arms and say there's nothing I can do, or do you gather some neighbors to help, lock your doors, arm yourselves, put up a barrier around your home, call in the police, etc.?

There are always unsavory characters waiting to cause trouble.  Should I do something different now than I have constantly done for a long time?  I'll tell you one thing I'm not going to do is sound like a screeching lunatic of "Trump bleep us!" when that is not presently clear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2018, 05:28:25 am »

That's easy. I live in a Castle Doctrine state. I wait till they are one foot on my property and shoot them dead. I don't start shooting when they are in the street heading to my house. One is murder the other is justifiable defense. Trump is waiting for them to get one foot on our property before he shoots. It's legal that way.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2018, 05:35:14 am »
Germany and France are not going through any process. They are just opening their damn borders and letting them walk in and go nuts. Big difference.

Granted they didn't go through a process ... masses of people poured into their countries.  There is the same potential for that to happen here.  Masses of people have already overwhelmed the Mexican police and are robbing their supermarkets.  That indicates that the masses of people are not under control, though the intent is to let these people apply for asylum and then be placed.

This caravan of people could very easily forgo the interview/application process and proceed right to our border.  I would hope then that Trump would stick to what he says and place our military along the border ... but then what?  Perhaps that will be enough to deter them, perhaps not.  Trump will have every civil rights group along with the UN down his throat along with the leftist liberal lunatics and probably some members of his own party.

The potential for violence is increasing.  I certainly do not want violence, nor do I want people injured or killed.  Don't get me wrong ... if push comes to shove and it's either them or us. I vote for us.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2018, 05:40:36 am »
There are always unsavory characters waiting to cause trouble.  Should I do something different now than I have constantly done for a long time?  I'll tell you one thing I'm not going to do is sound like a screeching lunatic of "Trump bleep us!" when that is not presently clear.

Yep, you're absolutely right.  Wait until they're in your back yard or coming through your front door.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2018, 05:43:45 am »
Granted they didn't go through a process ... masses of people poured into their countries.  There is the same potential for that to happen here.  Masses of people have already overwhelmed the Mexican police and are robbing their supermarkets.  That indicates that the masses of people are not under control, though the intent is to let these people apply for asylum and then be placed.

Bullshit. We have a controlled border with specific agencies in charge of it. The effing Eurotrash don't. Secondly shit being looted and cops abused in Mexico is standard operating procedure. Ever hear of the Cartels?

You seem insistent on trying to compare two wholly different things. The US is not Europe. The US is not South America or Mexico.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2018, 05:47:59 am »
Yep, you're absolutely right.  Wait until they're in your back yard or coming through your front door.

Oh no, clearly *you* are right. Send our military into another country to start cracking skulls.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2018, 05:53:36 am »
Oh no, clearly *you* are right. Send our military into another country to start cracking skulls.

Why send troops. Let's just drop a nuke on Mexico City. The radiation cloud will only effect Florida and quite honestly who gives an eff about them.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2018, 05:55:18 am »
Why send troops. Let's just drop a nuke on Mexico City. The radiation cloud will only effect Florida and quite honestly who gives an eff about them.

I knew I would regret agreeing with you, just happened sooner than I expected.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2018, 05:55:47 am »

??? Wow.  I definitely never stated nor implied that.  You are way over reacting to what I merely point out in Trump/Pompeo's agreement with Mexico and the UN and arrived at your own conclusions.