Author Topic: Second migrant caravan: New group rushes to join ranks, deportees vow return to America  (Read 2038 times)

Online libertybele

We are being invaded! It was absolutely WRONG for Pompeo and Trump to agree to allow the UN to determine who is eligible for asylum.  This obviously only encouraged the next wave of people.  Mexico is being invaded and right now there is NOTHING to keep these people out and from pouring into the U.S.  Unless something is done now, we will be another Germany!  What is Trump doing??

Some of these people are joining the ILLEGALS already here; as the article indicates, word is out and many are joining the invasion.

Second migrant caravan: New group rushes to join ranks, deportees vow return to America

As the massive migrant caravan pushes toward the southern U.S. border, a second group of about 1,000 people from Honduras is rushing to join the main group -- which reportedly has swelled its ranks with several people who've already been deported.

The caravan, which has around 5,000 to 7,000 members, was on the move again Monday morning, departing the southern Mexico city of Tapachula. The smaller group trailing it entered Guatemala from Honduras late Sunday, according to the Associated Press.

“They catch you, and you try to get back,” said Imner Anthony Fuentes, a 29-year-old who reportedly was deported for the sixth time from the U.S. five months ago. He has a son and a U.S. citizen girlfriend living in Birmingham, Ala., according to the Washington Post.

Another of the lead caravan's members who had previously live in the U.S., 36-year-old Job Reyes told the Washington Post he's going back because America is “a country where I can live my life, unlike Guatemala.”

Reyes said he grew up in Los Angeles and returned to Guatemala 14 years ago after his visa expired. But now, with the caravan hoping to get across the U.S. border – a move President Trump has threatened to block with the military – Reyes saw an opportunity.

“When I heard about the caravan, I knew it was my chance,” he told the newspaper, noting his cousin and uncle still live in California and that he called them to let him know he was coming.......

https://www.foxnews.com/world/second-migrant-caravan-new-group-rushes-to-join-ranks-deportees-vow-return-to-america
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

When did Pompeo and Trump to agree to allow the UN to determine who is eligible for asylum? I
know Mexico asked the UN for help but haven't read anything about the USA doing so.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I still don't understand why these people can't seek asylum in Mexico. Do the terms of the UN standards for handling these things not dictate that refugees must go to the nearest stable country when seeking asylum? Instead they walk all the way through Mexico to get to the states.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online libertybele

When did Pompeo and Trump to agree to allow the UN to determine who is eligible for asylum? I
know Mexico asked the UN for help but haven't read anything about the USA doing so.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-mexico-agree-on-plan-to-handle-migrant-caravan-from-central-america

...At the established shelters, U.N. officials will vet the refugees to decide which ones have legitimate claims for refugee status, the official told Fox News.

If a person or persons is determined to have a legitimate claim, they will undergo a U.N. process of being placed in a host country, which could ultimately be the U.S. or any other country that has an agreement with the UNHCR, the official said
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:56:51 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

I still don't understand why these people can't seek asylum in Mexico.
No welfare benefits. Nothing approaching what they expect in the USA, anyway.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Yeah, but that's not part of what matters according to the UN guidelines we have for some reason attached our nut sack to. Refugees are fleeing violence, not poverty.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online libertybele

Yeah, but that's not part of what matters according to the UN guidelines we have for some reason attached our nut sack to. Refugees are fleeing violence, not poverty.

The goal is to reach the U.S. and to be granted asylum.  Upon being granted asylum, after 12 months they can then apply for residency.  They will be given a social security card and be eligible to work.  In reality all they have to say is that they are in fear for their lives.  How is the U.N. going to determine that they are or aren't?? 

Offline skeeter

The goal is to reach the U.S. and to be granted asylum.  Upon being granted asylum, after 12 months they can then apply for residency.  They will be given a social security card and be eligible to work.  In reality all they have to say is that they are in fear for their lives.  How is the U.N. going to determine that they are or aren't??

The goal is to reach the US, period. Relatively few are granted asylum, but they don't care - they are released and disappear. Residency will come when the squishes in congress mandate it by law at some future time.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The goal is to reach the US, period. Relatively few are granted asylum, but they don't care - they are released and disappear. Residency will come when the squishes in congress mandate it by law at some future time.

At least in the interim, I wonder how many of these immigration loopholes can be canned by an EO?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Exactly right.  Keep in mind also that they will not be classified as being her illegally, they will be considered refugees which opens a whole window of opportunities for them.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If our federal government fails to perform one of its most basic duties, we need to march on Washington en masse. 

Online libertybele

At least in the interim, I wonder how many of these immigration loopholes can be canned by an EO?

I'm not sure. My understanding is that the U.S. has an agreement and is considered a 'host' nation for refugees. 

Something needs to be done, but so far from what I've read Trump wanted the military along the border and he was advised not to. 

The way I see it, the decisions he makes now will either allow us to retain our sovereignty or lose it.

Online libertybele

If our federal government fails to perform one of its most basic duties, we need to march on Washington en masse.

I agree. Difference is ... these people have nothing to lose and rumor has it that they have been paid to invade.  People here have to take off from work, pay for transportation food and hotel.  Find caretakers for their kids, pets, etc.

Secondly, many aren't aware of the situation.  I'm afraid that many won't realize or believe what's going on until the refugees are in their backyards. Then it will be too late.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I agree. Difference is ... these people have nothing to lose and rumor has it that they have been paid to invade.  People here have to take off from work, pay for transportation food and hotel.  Find caretakers for their kids, pets, etc.

Secondly, many aren't aware of the situation.  I'm afraid that many won't realize or believe what's going on until the refugees are in their backyards. Then it will be too late.

I agree, @libertybele, it's an issue of priorities. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No, we need to march and meet them at the border, ready to defend our nation.

If our government won't protect us from invasion, we must. This is what the Second Amendment was written to do.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

Said another member of the caravan, Olivin Castellanos, 58, from Honduras: “No one will stop us, only God."

In other news:

AP Hurricane Willa off Mexico spins toward Category 5 status in Pacific.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:02:35 pm by skeeter »

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online libertybele

I agree, @libertybele, it's an issue of priorities.

Oh, most definitely. Only point I was trying to make is people will make it a priority when refugees are close to their homes.

Online libertybele

No, we need to march and meet them at the border, ready to defend our nation.

If our government won't protect us from invasion, we must. This is what the Second Amendment was written to do.

Amen!!!! Who is going to organize??  Tea Party maybe? 

Offline mountaineer

I just hope every sane person currently residing in southern California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas is armed to the teeth right now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

What good is that going to do?  If anything we are going to see just how complicit our government is going to be in facilitating this invasion.  From the courts on up.  Both parties and a huge chunk of the emoting populace who have never read 'Camp of the Saints'.

I just hope every sane person currently residing in southern California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas is armed to the teeth right now.

And, do not be surprised that when they act against the hordes - that our own government swoops on in to 'deal' with those Americans with astounding force and swiftness.

Just as Europe's citizens are being subjugated to Islam by their own governments.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Mexico is very, very violent. In spite of their claims, they are all mainly "economic" refugees.

The rest is merely playing naïve, feel good games.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

We have a very serious situation at the border ... and in scrolling through the various websites; neither CNN or USA today seems to be reporting.  If they are, the info isn't front and center as it should be.

This should be a huge focus from every major media outlet.  The American people deserve to know what's going on.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We have a very serious situation at the border ... and in scrolling through the various websites; neither CNN or USA today seems to be reporting.  If they are, the info isn't front and center as it should be.

This should be a huge focus from every major media outlet.  The American people deserve to know what's going on.

Why would the Media report the truth if this invasion army serves their ultimate political objectives?

Truth like anything else today has to be discovered for oneself.  Every institution is corrupted and debased for political purposes, you are not going to get 'truth' in a culture that wants to believe the lie and hates the truth because it goes against what they want to believe.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

Pictures of military aged males waving foreign flags saying 'eff you we're coming like it or not' doesn't suit their purposes.

Pictures of pathetic young mothers holding babies with flies in their noses being faced down by US soldiers holding guns sent by the brute Trump does.