Author Topic: Graham: Don’t Give the Dems Power — ‘Nancy Pelosi Will Welcome the Caravans Here’  (Read 1023 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Graham: Don’t Give the Dems Power — ‘Nancy Pelosi Will Welcome the Caravans Here’
Breitbart, Oct 21, 2018, Pam Key

On this week’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said if Democrats win the majority U.S. House of Representatives in November, prospective House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) would “welcome” the Central American migrants headed to U.S. border.

Graham said, “I think people are going to be voting on the mob rule of the Democratic Party. If you elect Democrats to run the House, you know exactly what you’re going to get. They’re going to try and impeach the president and impeach Kavanaugh. They don’t care about your wallet — they just want to get in your wallet.”

He continued, “Kavanaugh to me, was a despicable episode in the history of the Senate. These [migrant] caravans will never be stopped by Nancy Pelosi. And when it comes to standing up to the world, you need a strong leader like President Trump.”

He added, “I’m going to let everybody in these states know what happens if you put the Democratic Party in charge of this country. You’re rewarding mob rule. You’re undercutting the rule of law. Don’t give these people power. The best thing you can do to make sure Kavanaugh never happens again is punish them for what they were willing to do to this good man. I’m going to take this on the road. Two weeks from Tuesday, we can decide what kind of country you want to be. Do you want to be the country of people who run you up and down the halls and spit on you? Or do you want to be a country of Republicans who can actually deliver for working families out there? Nancy Pelosi will welcome the caravans here. Donald Trump and the rest of us will stop them.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/10/21/graham-dont-give-the-dems-power-nancy-pelosi-will-welcome-the-caravans-here/

Offline jpsb

Graham is correct, vote R this Nov.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Graham is already working on a deal with the democrats to trade DACA citizenship for a small portion (symbolic) of the wall to be constructed. You can bet Trump will welcome it with open arms.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:44:11 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Right_in_Virginia

Graham is already working on a deal with the democrats to trade DACA citizenship for a small portion (symbolic) of the wall to be constructed. You can bet Trump will welcome it with open arms.

Link please @Sighlass

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

I'm not sure how I feel about the DACA issue. Those kids came here as babies right? They have never been part of any other culture. Kicking them out might be a death sentence. I think trading DACA citizenship for cooperation with the idea of building a wall might be okay.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:04:29 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yes, Graham pretty much said it all.  It's weird, but he's kinda becoming my new hero.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I will be voting straight R this November (where I can), except for my governor:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/10/05/kavanaugh-should-not-supreme-court-baker-says/hd0odTEDc3sw8ntHlF7tXI/story.html

Kavanaugh should not be on Supreme Court, Baker says

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

https://www.stridentconservative.com/trump-will-work-with-democrats-after-the-election-to-save-daca/

@Right_in_Virginia

@Sighlass   Sorry, but you contradicted your own post.  Graham said FULL funding, which you interpreted as symbolic.  It might be a decent deal.  It's gonna be really hard to get rid of the daca babies barring them committing crimes.  We could possibly refuse them certain benefits and welfare.  They need to be self-supporting and tax paying to stay.

Offline aligncare

Yes, Graham pretty much said it all.  It's weird, but he's kinda becoming my new hero.

It took strong leadership in the WH to show republicans how to speak up and win.

Trump’s republican NeverTrump critics should take note.

Offline libertybele

Well this is a damn shame @Sighlass

So ... enlighten me.  #1 there is a push for a wall AFTER the mid terms.  #2  With 10,000 en route and some already have made it to Mexico, exactly how would a wall deter these people as our President has agreed to let these people apply for asylum in Mexico and the UN to determine who to grant asylum to.  Once they are granted asylum they will be placed in host countries; including the U.S.  #3 What exactly has Trump done to stop this invasion?

While we're on the subject, there was another caravan of people a month or so ago -- supposedly they were turned back?  Does anyone know what actually became of the last caravan before this one?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It took strong leadership in the WH to show republicans how to speak up and win.

Trump’s republican NeverTrump critics should take note.

Should, but won't.  Right now a few people have decided to blame Trump for the invasion coming through Mexico.  Why?  You tell me.

Offline aligncare

Should, but won't.  Right now a few people have decided to blame Trump for the invasion coming through Mexico.  Why?  You tell me.

It’s no secret what I think. Stubborn pride prevents some people from admitting that they were wrong about Trump.

After all, spend 3 plus years calling a man every nasty name under the sun, it’s kinda tough to back out of that position without risking your ego.

Offline aligncare

Besides, politics makes people squirrely.  wink777
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:17:57 pm by aligncare »

Offline bilo

I'm not sure how I feel about the DACA issue. Those kids came here as babies right? They have never been part of any other culture. Kicking them out might be a death sentence. I think trading DACA citizenship for cooperation with the idea of building a wall might be okay.

This is where it's very misleading. The majority of these "children" came in their teens.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

You might have forgotten, but Trump offered 3x's the asked for number of DACA exclusions to the Rats in return for the wall and immigration reform. The Rats turned him down.

The Rats know they need the children of illegals to vote for them (along with the illegals who vote now) to have any chance of returning to power.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weird wrote:
"I will be voting straight R this November (where I can), except for my governor"

Oddly enough, I'm in the same situation here in CT.
The "Republican" candidate for governor was actually... a democrat... until a year ago, when he changed party affiliation because he could never -win- as a democrat.

Instead, he bought the nomination through nonstop advertising.

Unless I see a poll that indicates he has reached within striking distance of winning (doubtful), I'm going to leave the top spot on the ballot blank on November 6...

Offline libertybele

You're preaching to the choir in here.  I'd say with the mobs of illegals at our doorstep, the GOP voting base is highly energized, provided that Trump takes drastic measures and lines our border with the military and refuses refugees. So far that hasn't happened.  His opportunity and the opportunity of our GOP Congressmen is NOW.  If they don't take a stand ... then what difference does it make whether we vote R or D?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.