Author Topic: Carl Bernstein: Trump preparing to call midterm elections 'illegitimate' if Democrats take power  (Read 830 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carl Bernstein: Trump preparing to call midterm elections 'illegitimate' if Democrats take power
by Claude Thompson
 | October 21, 2018 03:06 PM

Journalist Carl Bernstein said Sunday that President Trump has discussed ways to challenge the results of the midterm elections if the GOP's grasp on power slips.

During an appearance on CNN, Bernstein said his sources relayed this information to him on Friday, warning that Trump has talked about a disruption campaign if the results are close but have the Democrats taking control of the House or Senate.

"I talked to people ... in touch with the White House on Friday who believe that, if the congressional midterms are very close and the Democrats were to win by five or seven seats, that Trump is already talking about how to throw legal challenges into the courts, sow confusion, declare a victory actually, and say that the election's been illegitimate," Bernstein said after being asked if Trump's challenge to fraudulent voters was a form of voter suppression.

"That is really under discussion in the White House," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/carl-bernstein-trump-preparing-to-call-midterm-elections-illegitimate-if-democrats-take-power
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Well this proves it. The democrats are preparing to call the midterm elections 'illegitimate' if republicans retain power.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Geez Carl.   Not your shit again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Geez Carl.   Not your shit again.

Crater Face is here again to give us the inside scoop. Which he hasn't had since before 1973.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Crater Face is here again to give us the inside scoop. Which he hasn't had since before 1973.

This guy thinks he is still going to get groupie BJ's from his one Fan.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well if you read stuff from folks involved with WaPo when Watergate broke, Carl was not the important player Woodward was. He was said to be lazy and just along for the ride. Considering Boob is still cranking out books and Carl hasn't done shit in 45 years, the scuttlebutt was true.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well this proves it. The democrats are preparing to call the midterm elections 'illegitimate' if republicans retain power.

Yep.  Alinsky:  "Always put the enemy on defense by stating they are doing what you are already doing."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Well if you read stuff from folks involved with WaPo when Watergate broke, Carl was not the important player Woodward was. He was said to be lazy and just along for the ride. Considering Boob is still cranking out books and Carl hasn't done shit in 45 years, the scuttlebutt was true.

By which you mean Bob Woodward drove Carl Bernstein to their covert meetings with Mark Felt, who spoon fed these two losers the story that made them famous.

Offline mountaineer

Brit Hume  Verified account @brithume
33m33 minutes ago

He’s heard from “people in touch with the White House.” Not exactly the inner circle.
No, seriously, there was this guy who drove by the White House last Tuesday, and ... no, wait, it was Monday. Anyway, he told his bartender, who told his cousin, who told his babysitter, who told her sister ... well, anyway, it got back to me that Trump was going to ... um, what was the question?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That would be a good thing. The Democrats are the Kings of voter fraud. If they question the results, a third of Democrat votes would be disqualified if scrutinized and verified.

Beside that, Trump is not planning to declare the elections illegitimate anyway. Everyone knows that Trump is planning to declare Martial Law, mobilize the military in the streets, and override the election results by installing his own people. These guys are thinking too small.

BTW, wasn't it, two year long hissy fit, crybaby Hillary, who said that she was afraid Trump would not accept the results of the election?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

I bet @INVAR is a fanboy of Carl.   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
By which you mean Bob Woodward drove Carl Bernstein to their covert meetings with Mark Felt, who spoon fed these two losers the story that made them famous.

Woodward was basically a "cub reporter" who had to have a senior reporter to get people to believe him.  Bernswine was literally "along for the ride."  Even the schmaltzy "All the Presidents Men" movie showed that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I bet @INVAR is a fanboy of Carl.

Your Jedi skills suck padawan.  You got no talent, zero, zilch, nada, for prophecy or discernment.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

Your Jedi skills suck padawan.  You got no talent, zero, zilch, nada, for prophecy or discernment.

Yes, but he has a talent for calling a spade a rusty shovel for midgets.

Online Wingnut

Assemble the kangaroo TBR court and find me guilty.  I know the law. And I have spent my entire life in its flagrant disregard.

Offline libertybele

Folks ... with the stark reality that we have thousands of illegals soon to pour into our country Trump so far turning the issue over to the U.N., meaning a wall wouldn't make a damn bit of difference, does it really matter who takes power?  I ask this question sincerely.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Folks ... with the stark reality that we have thousands of illegals soon to pour into our country Trump so far turning the issue over to the U.N., meaning a wall wouldn't make a damn bit of difference, does it really matter who takes power?  I ask this question sincerely.

No.

And some of us understood that back in 2016.

The rest decided to make Hildabeast or Trump their savior.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

No.

And some of us understood that back in 2016.

The rest decided to make Hildabeast or Trump their savior.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.