Author Topic: Miami Herald endorses Gillum for governor  (Read 247 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Miami Herald endorses Gillum for governor
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:55:10 pm »
Miami Herald endorses Gillum for governor
By Emily Birnbaum - 10/21/18 02:16 PM EDT

The Miami Herald editorial board on Sunday endorsed Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum for governor over his Republican opponent, former Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.).

The newspaper's editorial board wrote Floridians can only expect "more of the same" if they vote for DeSantis.

The two are facing off to replace term-limited Gov. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), who is now running for senator.

"The tenacity, political smarts and commitment to public service that propelled this Tallahassee mayor to victory from the bottom of the pack of better-known candidates in August’s Democratic primary speak volumes," the board wrote.

The Herald's endorsement comes after the paper endorsed Democrat Philip Levine over Gillum during the Democratic primary.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/412451-miami-herald-endorses-gillum-for-governor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Miami Herald endorses Gillum for governor
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:37:52 pm »
From what I've heard, DeSantis has run a lackluster campaign. (you folks actually down there can correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd like to see him eek out a win, but it looks like Gillum is gonna get this one...