Author Topic: Trump will lead rally for Cruz, keeping hatchet buried  (Read 1249 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump will lead rally for Cruz, keeping hatchet buried
« on: October 21, 2018, 01:40:07 pm »
Trump will lead rally for Cruz, keeping hatchet buried
Holly Baily

In an appearance likely to provide fodder for millions of Tweets analyzing every word, facial expression and nuance of body language, President Trump will hold a rally with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (formerly known as “Lyin’ Ted”) in Houston on Monday night.

Trump’s visit to Texas is aimed at revving up Republican enthusiasm in a race where Cruz, facing a stronger-than-expected challenge from Rep. Beto O’Rourke, has openly fretted that he could lose if conservatives don’t show up to vote in a potential Democratic wave election. A recent CNN poll found Cruz leading O’Rourke, a Democratic congressman from El Paso, by 7 points — a too-close-for-comfort margin in a deeply red conservative state where no Democrat has won statewide office since 1994.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-will-lead-rally-cruz-keeping-hatchet-buried-193203212.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

YIKES!

Video at link gives understanding to the behavior of many of our Briefing Room NTs....and I never had a  problem with Ted.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:41:00 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump will lead rally for Cruz, keeping hatchet buried
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 03:55:15 pm »
I'm not at all surprised that Yahoo chose to drag this up from the primaries.  It's over, Yahoo.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:53:44 pm »
I'm not at all surprised that Yahoo chose to drag this up from the primaries.  It's over, Yahoo.

We have a Briefer or two who still call him "Lyin' Ted."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:01:31 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 09:56:26 pm »
   The Fat lady ain't even warming up @Emjay
   It's NOT over.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 09:57:50 pm »
Trump and Cruz recognize that despite their differences they still have enough common ground to work together. They're setting a good example and hoping people will follow it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:58:32 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 10:04:07 pm »
Trump and Cruz recognize that despite their differences they still have enough common ground to work together. They're setting a good example and hoping people will follow it.

I'm hoping too. President Trump is putting a lot of effort in keeping Cruz in the Senate.  Says a lot about both of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 10:05:02 pm »
    I don't know @Dexter my girlfriend is ugly and though my Dad actually campaigned for JFK, instead of trying to kill him, I still have a problem with someone calling me out on that $hit BUT I was born in Louisiana not Calgary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 10:06:38 pm »
I'm hoping too. President Trump is putting a lot of effort in keeping Cruz in the Senate.  Says a lot about both of them.

Things get heated in primaries. They both had a vision for their lives and unfortunately the other stood in the way of that vision.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 10:26:01 pm »
We have a Briefer or two who still call him "Lyin' Ted."

Waiting for the callout......   3...2..1
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 10:35:53 pm »
Waiting for the callout......   3...2..1

I'll bet the Overlords are too...
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 12:12:33 am »
   The Fat lady ain't even warming up @Emjay
   It's NOT over.

Obviously, it's over @corbe   At least for people mature enough to let it go and move on.  Yahoo is just a stirrer of bovine excrement.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 01:15:24 am »
At this point in time, I believe that Trump stepping in to help Cruz is going to do more harm than good.  Just my humble opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 03:47:47 pm »
This is gonna be a crazy, huge rally in Houston and I cannot see what possible harm it could do Ted Cruz.  I think he would win without it, but it's a good show of unity for Republicans.

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 04:45:47 pm »
This is happening tonight?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 09:41:24 pm »
This is gonna be a crazy, huge rally in Houston and I cannot see what possible harm it could do Ted Cruz.  I think he would win without it, but it's a good show of unity for Republicans.

Well for one ... we have 10,000 migrants either @ the Mexican/US border or en route and NOTHING is being done. Trump has agreed to let these people apply for asylum in Mexico and let the UN determine their eligibility for asylum; eventually placing those in host countries including the U.S.

Trump has done nothing. Still no wall.  So at this point ... how exactly is Trump going to help Cruz and in reality what does it matter whether he wins or Beto wins?  It appears that the outcome is going to be the same.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 09:53:59 pm »
Well for one ... we have 10,000 migrants either @ the Mexican/US border or en route and NOTHING is being done. Trump has agreed to let these people apply for asylum in Mexico and let the UN determine their eligibility for asylum; eventually placing those in host countries including the U.S.

Trump has done nothing. Still no wall.  So at this point ... how exactly is Trump going to help Cruz and in reality what does it matter whether he wins or Beto wins?  It appears that the outcome is going to be the same.

@libertybele

See now, I think this is one where you’re wrong...and everyone here knows I am no fan of trump. I don’t see how we can lay this on trump other than perhaps harping about it day in and day out for congress to send him a bill...basically using the bully pulpit.   But ultimately this particular failure can be laid at congress’ feet.   They campaigned on it too and have only screwed the pooch on this issue...like many others.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 10:01:04 pm »
@libertybele

See now, I think this is one where you’re wrong...and everyone here knows I am no fan of trump. I don’t see how we can lay this on trump other than perhaps harping about it day in and day out for congress to send him a bill...basically using the bully pulpit.   But ultimately this particular failure can be laid at congress’ feet.   They campaigned on it too and have only screwed the pooch on this issue...like many others.

??? It was Pompeo with Trumps approval to allow the UN to decide where these people go; including the U.S.  Trump stated that he was going to call in the military to stop this and he has not.  Consequently the invasion has only grown.  Has no thing to do with Congress sending him a bill.  It has everything to do with Trump making a decision as to what to do with this round of invasions.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 10:04:05 pm »
@libertybele

I agree.  It is getting old blaming Trump for the illegal situation.  Lord knows he has worked hard against it and been derailed by Obama-appointed judges (one in Hawaii!) and lackluster action by Congress.

Also I think he means it about sending troops if we have an invasion.  Try to visualize how Biden would handle it; or Hillary.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 10:05:42 pm »
??? It was Pompeo with Trumps approval to allow the UN to decide where these people go; including the U.S.  Trump stated that he was going to call in the military to stop this and he has not.  Consequently the invasion has only grown.  Has no thing to do with Congress sending him a bill.  It has everything to do with Trump making a decision as to what to do with this round of invasions.

OMG  Where do you want him to send the military?  Into another country?  That would be kinda like, well, er, war.  If a substantial number get to the border and try to cross, then you can complain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 10:07:57 pm »
Quote from: Emjay link=topic=337276.msg1826959#msg182; ;69 date=1540245845
I agree.  It is getting old blaming Trump for the illegal situation.  Lord knows he has worked hard against it and been derailed by Obama-appointed judges (one in Hawaii!) and lackluster action by Congress.

Also I think he means it about sending troops if we have an invasion.  Try to visualize how Biden would handle it; or Hillary.

??? Where have you been?  We have 10,000 illegals on their way; some have made it to the border. Trump has agreed to let them apply for asylum in Mexico and allow the UN to place them including in the US.  We are being invaded.  No troops.  Obviously if he meant it, he hasn't kept his word.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 10:09:47 pm »
OMG  Where do you want him to send the military?  Into another country?  That would be kinda like, well, er, war.  If a substantial number get to the border and try to cross, then you can complain.

Place them @ the border.  Tell the UN we will not be accepting any refugees.  He has done neither.  I never stated sending troops into another country.  Seriously, @Emjay?  Not advocating anything other than this President protecting us from this invasion.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:03 pm »
Place them @ the border.  Tell the UN we will not be accepting any refugees.  He has done neither.  I never stated sending troops into another country.  Seriously, @Emjay?  Not advocating anything other than this President protecting us from this invasion.

https://en.trend.az/world/us/2969407.html

The United States has not sent additional troops to its border with Mexico, Pentagon spokesperson Col. Rob Manning told reporters on Monday, just hours after President Donald Trump said he had alerted the military that a caravan of refugees poses a national emergency, Sputnik reported.

"We have not received any guidance on any additional support required, but we certainly remain postured," Manning said, as quoted by Inside Defense.

Manning confirmed that 2,100 National Guard troops are already stationed along the southern US border, the report said.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:46 pm »

Seriously @libertybele   You seem to be hell bent on blaming Trump.  It would take only a few hours to send troops to the border if it is deemed necessary.  I think Trump believes they can be stopped along the way by other methods, which would be a far better solution.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 10:23:10 pm »
Seriously @libertybele   You seem to be hell bent on blaming Trump.  It would take only a few hours to send troops to the border if it is deemed necessary.  I think Trump believes they can be stopped along the way by other methods, which would be a far better solution.

:pondering:

Mass them on this side of the border and the Rats will sue under Posse Comatatus, Mass them in Mexico and Mexico will (correctly) call it an Act of War.

Pray for rain.  It looks very likely.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:24:09 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 10:26:42 pm »
:pondering:

Mass them on this side of the border and the Rats will sue under Posse Comatatus, Mass them in Mexico and Mexico will (correctly) call it an Act of War.

Pray for rain.  It looks very likely.

Well, they said nothing could stop them but God, and it looks like he just might.