Author Topic: O'Rourke's rise raises hopes for Texas Dems down ballot  (Read 728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O'Rourke's rise raises hopes for Texas Dems down ballot
« on: October 21, 2018, 01:30:18 am »
By Lisa Hagen - 10/20/18 06:00 PM EDT

DALLAS — The energy and enthusiasm behind Rep. Beto O’Rourke’s (D-Texas) Senate campaign is having a ripple effect down the ballot in deep-red Texas, giving Democrats a much-needed jolt in the battle to pick up seats in the House.

While O’Rourke may end up losing to GOP Sen. Ted Cruz, he could help Democrats in the House if his Senate bid significantly drives up turnout—particularly in three districts held by GOP Reps. Pete Sessions, John Culberson and Will Hurd, who are all fighting for their political lives.

Democrats haven’t won a statewide race in Texas since 1994, but O’Rourke, 46, has fueled liberal hopes of unseating Cruz, 47, through massive rallies, record-breaking fundraising and engagement with young voters - a phenomenon that some are calling "Betomania."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/412342-orourkes-rise-raises-hopes-for-texas-dems-down-ballot
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: O'Rourke's rise raises hopes for Texas Dems down ballot
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 01:34:44 am »

It has been a long time since I have seen a Texas politician so artificially propped up by the MSM. 

I am guessing Beto moves else where if he wants to get any footing.  He'd fit in well in the NE.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:03 am »
I agree. If he was running anywhere in California, some places in Colorado, or in the NorthEast Blue splotch, he would have no problem. He will likely move after the election.

He does not belong in 98% of Texas. If he wants to be the mayor of Austin, he may make it. Other than that, he is out of place.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 03:43:33 am »
It has been a long time since I have seen a Texas politician so artificially propped up by the MSM. 

I am guessing Beto moves else where if he wants to get any footing.  He'd fit in well in the NE.

I agree. If he did run for President, he'd lose his home state.
Principles matter. Words matter.