Author Topic: Hey Senator Warren: Where’s Bern?  (Read 582 times)

Offline mountaineer

Hey Senator Warren: Where’s Bern?
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:35:28 pm »
Lie-a-watha steps in it again.
Hey Senator Warren:  Where’s Bern?
By Matt McDonald | October 20, 2018, 16:30 EDT
New Boston Post

U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren accused Republican challenger Geoff Diehl of attending a rally sponsored by an anti-Muslim hate group during a debate Friday night.

Her source for the description of the rally sponsor is the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is itself a hate group, as well as a serial bearer of false witness. But no matter that. Let’s talk about where the alleged hate rally took place.

Warren brought it up while talking about President Donald Trump’s attempted travel ban on six predominately Muslim countries where terrorism flourishes. Warren was against the travel ban. But it’s not enough to be against it as a policy matter. You must also accuse your opponent of bigotry.

“We know what this was all about. And we know where you stand on it,” Warren said. “You joined a rally organized by the largest anti-Muslim hate group in America. And that’s not who we are as a country. Immigration makes us stronger. This is how we build a future.”

She kept going for a while, and then moderator Jon Keller noted that Diehl wanted to respond. Here’s the back-and-forth:

Geoff Diehl:  “I am not sure that she’s talking about as far as a rally with …”

Elizabeth Warren:  “It was a rally in Bern, orga-ed, uh, uh, uh, by, uh, Act for America, a group that the Southern Poverty Law Center designated as a hate group, and described as the largest anti-Muslim group in America. It was on April 22nd of this year. You were there.”

Geoff Diehl:  “I don’t know what she’s talking about. So we’ll have to clear that up later.”

Yes, let’s.  But first:  Imagine Diehl’s confusion when presented with rally content he didn’t remember in a place he’s not familiar with.

Where is the place Warren was talking about?

Now, there’s a Bern in Switzerland. It’s the capital, as a matter of fact. But that’s not it.

Closer to home, there’s one in Wisconsin, and another one in Kansas.

But no. Those aren’t it either.

If we’re going to play the near-homophone game, there’s a Burns Flat in Oklahoma. It’s about 114 miles west of where Warren spent much of her childhood in Norman, Oklahoma.

But that’s not it, either.  Turns out Warren, the United States senator from Massachusetts, who has represented Massachusetts in Congress since 2013, who has lived in Massachusetts since 1995, was referring to …  Bourne

As in:  Sounds like “born.”  ...
Rest of article at New Boston Post

Those Massachusetts folks ah very pahtickulah about theyah pronunciations!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Hey Senator Warren: Where’s Bern?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:37:03 pm »
And, for what it's worth, Diehl didn't attend a "hate group" rally in Bourne. It was a "back the blue" rally to commemorate a slain police officer.

She really is an idiot, Cherokee or otherwise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:47:47 am »
mountaineer observed:
"She really is an idiot, Cherokee or otherwise."

She may indeed be an idiot (Cherokee or otherwise), but hey, it's Massachusetts.

She's probably going to win, and win easily.

I'd enjoy being wrong on this one, but that's how I'm callin' it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 01:15:41 am »
If she does win, which I think is up for grabs, then the people voting for her will be making a laughing stock out of their State, and themselves.

'How! Me wantum sum Pow Wow Chow!' Where Big Chief Warren, to help me?

It will be nonstop jokes forever...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 01:28:59 am »
The Massachusetts voters have quite a history of electing horrible candidates.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 01:36:42 am »
And, for what it's worth, Diehl didn't attend a "hate group" rally in Bourne. It was a "back the blue" rally to commemorate a slain police officer.

She really is an idiot, Cherokee or otherwise.

I've been wrong a few times, but I'm venturing Warren committed Political suicide this week.  Not too many national laughing stocks do well in the primaries.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 02:10:02 am »
The Massachusetts voters have quite a history of electing horrible candidates.

I do see these on the road when they sneak over the border.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com