Author Topic: What if the Republicans Win Everything Again?  (Read 532 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What if the Republicans Win Everything Again?
« on: October 20, 2018, 03:22:46 pm »
 nytimes.com ›
David Leonhardt October 19, 2018

The end of Robert Mueller’s investigation. The loss of health insurance for several million people. New laws that make it harder to vote. More tax cuts for the rich. More damage to the environment. A Republican Party molded even more in the image of President Trump.

These are among the plausible consequences if the Republicans sweep the midterm elections and keep control of both the House and Senate. And don’t fool yourself. That outcome, although not the most likely one, remains possible. The last couple of weeks of polling have shown how it could happen.

Voters who lean Republican — including whites across the South — could set aside their disappointment with Trump and vote for Republican congressional candidates. Voters who lean left — including Latinos and younger adults — could turn out in low numbers, as they usually do in midterm elections. The Republicans’ continuing efforts to suppress turnout could also swing a few close elections.

more
https://outline.com/WTeuTE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: What if the Republicans Win Everything Again?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 03:25:58 pm »

Hold on to yer lugnuts.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 03:28:25 pm »

Statism will become institutionalized, spending will continue unabated and the debt bubble will pop taking the currency and the economy with it.

In essence, nothing will change a whit, only the wailing and gnashing teeth from the Communist Revolutionistas will grow louder and more confrontational.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 09:27:37 pm »

Statism will become institutionalized, spending will continue unabated and the debt bubble will pop taking the currency and the economy with it.

In essence, nothing will change a whit, only the wailing and gnashing teeth from the Communist Revolutionistas will grow louder and more confrontational.

Statism has been institutionalized for ages but even if Trump were the Dictator his detractors paint him as, even He couldn't fire everyone out of hand.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 09:50:34 pm »

--------------------------------
On the mark.
What the Republicrat fan club refuses to accept/understand,
is that since 1856, the R's rejected States Rights and were
always the party of centralized government.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 09:51:43 pm »
Laughable nonsense written by a triggered snowflake.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 10:02:38 pm »
The Democrats are much, much more optimistic than I am. I think if the Pubs win again they will become comfortable and lethargic. If the Pubs win, they won't do a damn thing, except further institutionalize the status quo, and set up more kick-back deals.

However, having said that, at least they will leave Trump alone. The Republican Congress is a lost cause. Trump, on the other hand, is Trump. He is a man with a mission. So saying that a Republican Congress is and will continue to be a do-nothing Congress is accurate, but in this case that may a good thing. As long as Congress stays out of Trump's way, the progress we have already seen in the last two years will continue unabated.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 10:30:26 pm »
Laughable nonsense written by a triggered snowflake.
Exactly. I laughed the whole time I was reading it. Geez, will someone give him an ice cream cone or something?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 12:49:52 am »
"What if the Republicans Win Everything Again?"

The source is the New York Times, so I'm not going to bother wasting my time reading it, but...

... does not the fact they're even mentioning this suggest that maybe... just maybe... they've seen internal polls and are runnin' scared...?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 01:35:38 am »
My GOP house rep has been very quiet.

A few weeks ago there were constant phone polls.

Both sides using hard hitting you tube vids. "official" polls show it tied.

Dana Rohrabacher--fingers crossed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln