Author Topic: State of Minnesota Tells Christian Filmmakers: Make Same-Sex Marriage Films or Spend 90 Days in Jail  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Because the second amendment is law, should every American citizen be required to buy a firearm?

I don't understand the analogy in this context.   But it is an interesting question when considering the ACA individual mandate (now gone but upheld as Constitutional by the Supreme Court).   I guess under the SCOTUS's logic it would be lawful to tax someone $600 (the approximate amount of the mandate) who cannot prove that he owns a firearm.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
if the hang-up is religion,  then advertise that you do wedding photography for religious weddings only.

And you would be the first person to sue them into oblivion for 'religious discrimination', citing any business as a 'public accommodation' that must serve anyone that asks to be served in the manner upon which they demand to be served.  Hiding behind religion in order to engage in bigotry and discrimination is something you, yourself said the government should be used to punitively attack.

We got your number.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:03:00 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goatprairie

We have a club in our city that does not accept blacks or women. Men join, and the only way their wives can enter is if they are with their husbands. The drinks are cheap and the beer is cold. Although I disagree with their beliefs, I defend their right to maintain their club. My husband also says no and explains why whenever he’s asked to join. We’ve been invited to many private parties there, especially around graduation time, and we’ve politely declined. Many of our close friends hold the same policy with this organization.

Getting butt hurt about other people’s business says more about your intolerance than it does about theirs.
"We have a club in our city that does not accept blacks or women."

It's the reason that if there was a club that only accepted blacks and women in my town, I'd say that's their right.
BTW, I got into an friendly argument with my wife one time about the exercise club "Curves" only allowing women to join.
I asked her what's wrong with that? There are plenty of exercise clubs for men, but even so if there weren't, it's their right to let in whomever they want.
She actually disagreed and said they should have to allow men as well.
Needless to say, I didn't agree with her.
I know why she didn't agree with me. She was thinking about all the old clubs/orgs to didn't allow women to join, and she thinks all clubs/orgs should be open to everybody.
I just told her that's not freedom. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Slide Rule suggested:
"Move and start your business in another state. We have an abundance of them."
^^^^
This is "the answer".

In Twenty-first Century America, there are two distinct categories of states:
1. The "new slavery" states, in which the governments try to promulgate a leftist agenda upon all the people...
and
2. The "traditional freedom" states, which still respect traditional white/Christian/Euro-American cultural norms.

The filmmaker should GET OUT OF Minnesota, which is a new slavery state.
Wisconsin might be a better choice, or either of the Dakotas.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:25:56 pm by Fishrrman »