Author Topic: O’Rourke Addresses ‘Beto’ Nickname After Student Cites Donald Trump Jr.  (Read 537 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O’Rourke Addresses ‘Beto’ Nickname After Student Cites Donald Trump Jr.
7:51 PM 10/18/2018 | US
Amber Athey | Media and Breaking News Editor

Democratic Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke was forced to explain why he goes by the nickname “Beto” after a student at a CNN town hall asked how he is connected to the Hispanic community.
O’Rourke, who is running for U.S. Senate against Republican Ted Cruz, attended a CNN town hall event on Thursday night in McAllen, Texas. (O’Rourke’s ‘Lifelong Republican’ Mother More Often Votes Democrat)

CNN’s Dana Bash noted that there are questions as to why O’Rourke — whose legal first name is Robert — goes by “Beto,” before allowing student Khalid Aboujamous to ask O’Rourke a question.

“Congressman, throughout the campaign, you have been attacked for being what Donald Trump Jr. has called ‘an Irish guy pretending to be Hispanic,'” Aboujamous said. “So what does the Hispanic community mean to you and what relationships do you have with that community?”

more w/video
https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/18/bet-orourke-cnn-town-hall-name/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

I don't believe his story.
The story I have heard was his father advised him to go by the nickname Beto to pander to the Latino crowd in El Paso, to get votes.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The story I have heard was his father advised him to go by the nickname Beto to pander to the Latino crowd in El Paso, to get votes.

He is your typical lying Rat.  Full of more crap than a Christmas goose. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Someone suggested O'Rourke change his nickname from "Beto" to "Nacho".

As in ‘Nacho Senate Seat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Of course that's what it is. There is no one in the world who runs for office in an election using a 'nickname'. I'm still surprised the election control board allowed him to do it. Obviously he is using a fake name to fool Hispanic voters. It couldn't be more clear.

If I ever run for office, I will use my childhood nickname 'Rip' that my father called me (apparently I slept a lot as a baby. short for Rip van Winkle). Or maybe I will use my street name 'run J'.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:46:16 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GrouchoTex

:cool:

Nice, @The Ghost