Author Topic: Triumphal Trump: 'It Really Is All About Hope'  (Read 696 times)

Offline endicom

Triumphal Trump: 'It Really Is All About Hope'
« on: October 18, 2018, 10:51:12 pm »
Townhall
Salena Zito
Oct. 18, 2018

ERIE, Pa. -- The president appears to be in a good place.

He is standing in the catacombs of the Erie Insurance Arena, hidden from the stands directly above him, where thousands of supporters are gathered to see him in this northwest Pennsylvania industrial town. Donald Trump is the calm in the center of the storm that surrounds every move he makes during his visit here.

As the chaotic dance of advance work moves like a caffeinated waltz around him, he maintains his composure. His charm is on display as he banters with David Urban, his former Pennsylvania campaign manager, who joins Trump almost any time he heads to his home state.

Trump is also serious as he receives updates on Hurricane Michael.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/salenazito/2018/10/18/triumphal-trump-it-really-is-all-about-hope-n2529817

Offline roamer_1

Re: Triumphal Trump: 'It Really Is All About Hope'
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:37:24 pm »
and Change.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:27:29 pm »
It's about Trump and his never-ending rock star tour.    These appearances are supposed to be to support Republican candidates, but they are really all about Trump.  He has to have that adulation of his fans.  Much like  Obama -- only Obama's rock star tours went on even when no one was running for office, including Obama.  They were ego strokes, nothing more.  Same here.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 02:59:59 pm »
It's about Trump and his never-ending rock star tour.    These appearances are supposed to be to support Republican candidates, but they are really all about Trump.  He has to have that adulation of his fans.  Much like  Obama -- only Obama's rock star tours went on even when no one was running for office, including Obama.  They were ego strokes, nothing more.  Same here.

@Applewood

You notice how many articles aren’t about the country or ideology or principle, but about Trump winning, powerful Trump, awesome Trump?

Pure cult of personality.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 03:03:42 pm »
@Applewood

You notice how many articles aren’t about the country or ideology or principle, but about Trump winning, powerful Trump, awesome Trump?

Pure cult of personality.

All good things come from Trump.  All bad things are someone else's fault.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 03:26:33 pm »
And The Cult of Reagan survives, too

Good news for Republicans, for Trump and for the nation, met with derision and negativity on this site, named GOP.

Predictably. Repetitiously.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 03:51:05 pm »
Well,  this is shortly before the election.  Let's wait until after the elections to slam him for shameless self-promotion. No doubt he'll give up plenty of opportunities.
Yes, Trump loves the spotlight and basking in the adulation of the base. But  we need people at the polls in a few weeks. If these rallies help get them there, mores the better.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 04:53:21 pm »

Good news for Republicans, for Trump and for the nation, met with derision and negativity on this site, named GOP.

Admiration for President Reagan is nothing like the  slavish devotion of Trump followers  to their idol.  I believe most of us who liked Ronald Reagan were and are willing to acknowledge his shortcomings, for we realize that no one is perfect, especially anyone in DC.  Trump fans, on the other hand, believe their idol can do no wrong and that if anything does go wrong, it's someone else's fault or it's no big deal. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 05:14:23 pm »
Admiration for President Reagan is nothing like the  slavish devotion of Trump followers  to their idol.  I believe most of us who liked Ronald Reagan were and are willing to acknowledge his shortcomings, for we realize that no one is perfect, especially anyone in DC.  Trump fans, on the other hand, believe their idol can do no wrong and that if anything does go wrong, it's someone else's fault or it's no big deal.
Funny, all the Trump fans shouting about how Trump "fights back" unlike all other Pubbie presidents fail to mention Reagan.
I don't recall Reagan resorting to juvenile name-calling or having feuds with various ankle-biters because his vanity was wounded.
Reagan managed to get a lot done without acting like a five year old despite getting slammed in the lib media regularly.  At the time there was no conservative talk radio or internet to counter lib propaganda.  Lib rags and network news almost totally dominated everything people read, heard, or viewed.
But Reagan still triumphed without having to act like a petulant child.  Funny that, huh?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 05:43:26 pm »
Funny, all the Trump fans shouting about how Trump "fights back" unlike all other Pubbie presidents fail to mention Reagan.
I don't recall Reagan resorting to juvenile name-calling or having feuds with various ankle-biters because his vanity was wounded.
Reagan managed to get a lot done without acting like a five year old despite getting slammed in the lib media regularly.  At the time there was no conservative talk radio or internet to counter lib propaganda.  Lib rags and network news almost totally dominated everything people read, heard, or viewed.
But Reagan still triumphed without having to act like a petulant child.  Funny that, huh?

President Reagan really didn't have to fight for the most part.  Of course, back then, I think most  of the pols, Republican and Democrat, were a bit more cooperative than they are now.   President Reagan could, if necessary, slap someone around (figuratively), but most of the time, he worked his charm and that was what got him most of what he wanted.  Trump started his presidency b!tching and moaning about his own party.  Sure, that played well to his adoring fans, but it's not  a good way to get things done.   This is partly why many of Trump's campaign promises (many of which were his party's promises) have not been fulfilled.

And I don't think President Reagan really cared what liberals and their allies in the media thought of him.  When he did have something to say about someone he didn't like or about some insult, he did so with humor.  President Reagan had class.  Trump does not. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 05:53:10 pm »

See. I love this revisionist history bullshit. Can you prove that Reagan didn't have a slavish devotion? You can't. I have folk art produced in the 80's that is about Reagan and how great he is, so there were people back then who were fanboys. I used to go through dead peoples houses to buy years ago that had shrines to Kennedy. They usually had a statue of the Virgin Mary involved. There was no internet to expand the number of people who knew that this shit was going on back then. Now we do.

This type of nonsense blanket statement is about on par with dopes who claim promiscuity didn't occur prior to the late 60's which is another Pollyanna pie in the sky meme. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 06:11:34 pm »

@truth_seeker

Speaking for myself, I'm not a member of the "cult of Reagan" or any other. 

Don't twist what I say, please.  Go back and read me again.  And stop confusing glorification of one person with the nation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 10:21:04 pm »
I don't care what the Trump rallies happen to be about.
Might be about him, might be about others.
I just don't care.

But "all the winnin'" that's been goin' on -- I DO care about that.
Winning is better than... losing.
All the ne'ertrumpers here are real familiar and cozy with losing!

BTW, I have never watched one of Mr. Trump's rallies.
Not one.
Not even during the campaign...