Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh predicts GOP will hold House, make gains in Senate  (Read 1634 times)

Offline libertybele

Why oh why, would he say this; especially just weeks before the mid-terms and with early voting starting next week?  IMHO this feeds into the confidence of voters when what is needed is a match lit under the voters to encourage them to get out and vote.  Those who may be disgruntled and not sure if they should sit it out or go and vote,  may just figure that the GOP will hold their majorities anyways and stay home.

Rush Limbaugh predicts GOP will hold House, make gains in Senate

Rush Limbaugh, in an exclusive interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, predicted Republicans will hold both houses of Congress next month – defying the Washington wisdom that Nancy Pelosi is in line for speaker.

“We hold the House and increase the Senate,” the conservative talk radio host predicted in an interview set to air Thursday night on Fox News' "Hannity" at 9 p.m. ET.

He added, “I think the Democrat Party deserves to lose in the biggest single electoral landslide defeat in my lifetime because of the actions they’ve taken just in the last month.”

The party out of power in the White House historically picks up seats in the first post-presidential midterms. And polling has suggested 2018 will be no different -- showing an environment that still favors Democrats. Democrats hold an 11-point lead on Republicans on a generic congressional ballot, according to a recent Washington Post/ABC News poll.

But some Democratic figures recently have voiced concerns the party is overconfident about its odds of reclaiming the House.

Limbaugh said he’s skeptical of the polls..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rush-limbaugh-predicts-gop-will-hold-house-make-gains-in-senate

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Rush Limbaugh predicts GOP will hold House, make gains in Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:51:09 pm »
The Rats haven't Done Anything, at all, but 24/7 blame Trump and try to frustrate him at every turn.

If they could pin something crooked on him just for breathing they'd be on it in a heartbeat.

As frustrating and infuriating as the GOPE can be, letting the Rats control anything is too horrible to contemplate.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 11:37:43 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 12:13:02 am »
The Rats haven't Done Anything, at all, but 24/7 blame Trump and try to frustrate him at every turn.

If they could pin something crooked on him just for breathing they'd be on it in a heartbeat.

As frustrating and infuriating as the GOPE can be, letting the Rats control anything is too horrible to contemplate.

I agree.  I also never underestimate the corruption and lengths that the DEMS will go to, to win an election.  4 DEMS were arrested in TX for voter fraud scheme.  I highly doubt that their shenanigans are limited to TX ... if they succeed without being caught along with poor voter turnout from the GOP voting base, that could very well hand them a win.

I don't have the confidence that Rush does, nor do I think it was a good think for him to instill such optimism just weeks before the election.

I'm more nervous about these mid terms than I was for the general.  President Trump has started to lead this country in a very positive direction and it would make me sick to see the DEMS in control.   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 01:00:58 am »
To-Whose wrote:
"As frustrating and infuriating as the GOPE can be, letting the Rats control anything is too horrible to contemplate."

Just a side comment:
Do you remember a few years ago when posters here were requested to NOT use the terms "GOP-e" or "RINO"??
Perhaps because it was "divisive"?

I certainly do.

Boy, have times changed!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 01:04:39 am »
libertybele worries:
"I don't have the confidence that Rush does, nor do I think it was a good think for him to instill such optimism just weeks before the election."

Hang on, Bele.

I'm wonderin' if this "northward illegal invasion" marchin' up from Honduras is going to blow up into a brohauha that rivals the Kavanaughcalypse.

And if it does, the outcome is going to be as helpful to the democrat-communists as was the Supreme Court battle of a couple of weeks ago.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 01:23:33 am »
   Rush is a sell out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 01:26:01 am »
libertybele worries:
"I don't have the confidence that Rush does, nor do I think it was a good think for him to instill such optimism just weeks before the election."

Hang on, Bele.

I'm wonderin' if this "northward illegal invasion" marchin' up from Honduras is going to blow up into a brohauha that rivals the Kavanaughcalypse.

And if it does, the outcome is going to be as helpful to the democrat-communists as was the Supreme Court battle of a couple of weeks ago.

Well, that's a possibility ... it depends on if Trump remains strong and if the GOP stands behind him ... they flinch ... and it could be the disaster the DEMS are hoping for.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 02:10:56 am »
   Rush is a sell out.

I've loved Rush for years, @corbe   My husband used to tape his show for me when I was working.  I was going to a writers class at Northlake and it was full of really annoying liberals.  As soon as I got back in my car after class, I would put in that Rush tape and feel better.

I was mad at him during the primaries.  He was totally for Ted Cruz but kinda switched to Trump.  I thought he was a sellout then.  But now I realize he was just more perceptive than I was.

I hope our society can return to the kind of comity in which we can have a President like Ted Cruz.  I hope that very much.  But, right now, I think Trump is the guy we need.

But, feel better, corbe.  I'm not mad at you anymore.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 02:26:38 am »
   I too, @Emjay use to listen to Rush whenever the opportunity arose, hell I even listened to Hannity but those days are long gone, neither are even close to being any voice for anything other than the GOP which I am not too fond of. 
   I know that I have a tendency to pizz you and a few others off here, sincerely 9 times out of 10 it is not intentional.
   Thank you, sweetheart for trying to understand.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 02:38:29 am »
Democrats are still seen having a much better shot at winning a majority in the House. According to the Fox News House Power Rankings, 207 House seats are likely or lean Democrat, while 197 seats are likely or lean Republican. There are 31 toss-up seats. It takes 218 seats to have the majority.

Splitting the difference in the tossup races would give the Dems 222. Either way the race goes, control of the House is going to be by a handful of seats.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 02:42:01 am »
Democrats are still seen having a much better shot at winning a majority in the House. According to the Fox News House Power Rankings, 207 House seats are likely or lean Democrat, while 197 seats are likely or lean Republican. There are 31 toss-up seats. It takes 218 seats to have the majority.

Splitting the difference in the tossup races would give the Dems 222. Either way the race goes, control of the House is going to be by a handful of seats.

I don't believe polls.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 02:42:21 am »
   The Blue Dogs are extinct and the HFC has been neutered, so either way it's gonna be a continuation of the current disaster, whether it's pelousy or McCarthy.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 02:44:24 am »
Feeling the same way.....not worried at all.      :scared smiley:  :terror:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 02:58:29 am »
I don't believe polls.

You don’t have to, but it’s tough to deny history. It’s difficult for the incumbent party to retain the White House after two terms.  It’s also common for the incumbent party to lose the seats in Congress, during the mid terms. It’s just a question of how many.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 03:57:58 am »
   I too, @Emjay use to listen to Rush whenever the opportunity arose, hell I even listened to Hannity but those days are long gone, neither are even close to being any voice for anything other than the GOP which I am not too fond of. 
   I know that I have a tendency to pizz you and a few others off here, sincerely 9 times out of 10 it is not intentional.
   Thank you, sweetheart for trying to understand.

You don't pizz me off, but I just wish you could not Hate Trump so much.  But I understand it a little.

I had a really good friend on the site.  We e-mailed each other every day and confided a lot of personal stuff.  We were drawn together by Trump hate.  (ha,ha).  After the election, I e-mailed her and long, sincere note about how and why I'd decided to support Trump.  She never spoke to me again and she never posts here anymore. 

I don't want to lose anyone else I like over Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 04:18:31 am »
I used to have dreams. 

I began consuming politics because of Rush. 
I bought his Rush to Excellence videos, and subscribed to his news letter.
To witness him as he embraces Trumpian Conservatism, which is to say non-ideological conservatism is really a let down to what I had built him up as.  I wonder if he feels a ting of embarrassment or shame for betraying conservatism for populism?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:41:25 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 04:27:23 am »
I used to have dreams.  I began consuming politics because of Rush. 
I bought his Rush to Excellence videos, and subscribed to his news letter.
To witness him as he embraces Trumpian Conservatism, which is to say non-ideological conservatism is really a let down to what I had built him up as.  I wonder if he feels a ting of embarrassment or shame for betraying conservatism for populism?

Hmmm.  I don't think Trump is an idealogue, but I think he is a practical leader with a good agenda for our times that I can support almost wholeheartedly.  I think he's done most things right and accomplished a lot despite a totally vindictive press and a lackluster Congress.

I don't think Rush has anything to be ashamed of.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 04:39:26 am »
Hmmm.  I don't think Trump is an idealogue, but I think he is a practical leader with a good agenda for our times that I can support almost wholeheartedly.  I think he's done most things right and accomplished a lot despite a totally vindictive press and a lackluster Congress.

I don't think Rush has anything to be ashamed of.

Like he always says....he's the Mayor of Realville.

Have to work with the rotting culture that we have..."Never Give Up!  Never Surrender!!"

! No longer available
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 04:40:57 am »

Have to work with the rotting culture that we have..."Never Give Up!  Never Surrender!!"

! No longer available

Doesn't that alien dude get his ass kicked after that line?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 04:49:56 am »

To witness him as he embraces Trumpian Conservatism, which is to say non-ideological conservatism is really a let down to what I had built him up as.

Hmmm.  I don't think Trump is an idealogue,

Fantastic,  We agree.  Let's see if we agree on anything else?

but I think he is a practical leader with a good agenda for our times that I can support almost wholeheartedly.  I think he's done most things right and accomplished a lot despite a totally vindictive press and a lackluster Congress.

And I think Trump is senile and insane...Dammit!!!  So close!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 04:49:58 am »
Doesn't that alien dude get his ass kicked after that line?

LOL!  Is it then??

BTW....show some respect.  He's Mathesar.   Enrico Colantoni ...a nice Sicilian name.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0170186/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 04:51:05 am »
Fantastic,  We agree.  Let's see if we agree on anything else?

And I think Trump is senile and insane...Dammit!!!  So close!

LOL!   Spilled my coffee.     :laugh:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2018, 06:02:27 am »

! No longer available

Weird.  I was thinking about that movie today and thinking of getting it from Netflix.