Author Topic: Federal judge 'shocked' Clinton aide Cheryl Mills was granted immunity by DOJ  (Read 684 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal judge 'shocked' Clinton aide Cheryl Mills was granted immunity by DOJ
by Daniel Chaitin
 | October 17, 2018 07:41 PM

A federal judge said he was "shocked" to find out that longtime Hillary Clinton aide Cheryl Mills had been granted immunity from the Justice Department during the FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton's server.

During a hearing in D.C. Monday, U.S. District Court Judge Royce Lamberth made the comment about Mills, Clinton's former chief of staff, during his opening remarks, referring to when he read the DOJ inspector general report.

"I had myself found that Cheryl Mills had committed perjury and lied under oath in a published opinion I had issued in a Judicial Watch case where I found her unworthy of belief, and I was quite shocked to find out she had been given immunity in — by the Justice Department in the Hillary Clinton email case," Lamberth said. "So I did not know that until I read the IG report and learned that and that she had accompanied the Secretary to her interview."

The FBI determined Clinton and her staff exhibited "extreme carelessness" by sharing classified information on an unsecured private server that was kept in Clinton's basement. Other individuals with ties to Clinton also received immunity deals over the course of the investigation.

The hearing Monday was the latest development in conservative watchdog Judicial Watch's lawsuit, filed against the State Department in July 2014, after it failed to respond to a FOIA request. The lawsuit relates the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, which shined light on Clinton's email server.

Lamberth ordered the hearing due to a request by Judicial Watch for testimony under oath from Clinton, Mills, and other State Department officials on the FOIA and emails matters. Judicial Watch announced what had been said during the hearing in a press release Wednesday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/federal-judge-shocked-clinton-aide-cheryl-mills-was-granted-immunity-by-doj
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If Cheryl Mills had committed perjury and lied under oath doesn't that negate the immunity?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If Cheryl Mills had committed perjury and lied under oath doesn't that negate the immunity?

It wasn't blanket immunity.  She can be charged with offenses outside of it.

The immunity grants to Mills and Samuelson were narrow, covering only their handover of laptops used in 2014, after Clinton left State, to conduct a review of the former secretary's emails to separate work-related messages from those purely personal in nature. The immunity came after the women were interviewed by the FBI and did not cover any of their statements.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/mills-immunity-228580
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.